origins

Zero woke up very slowly. He felt soft sheets caress his body and he felt warm under them. He heard murmurs of the people that he could see under half-opened eyelids. He opened them fully after cracking muscles that grew stiff and saw his brothers watching him with concern.

"Zero? How do you feel?" Greed asked while Zero yawned lightly and sat up. He noticed that Envy and Wrath sat to his left, Sloth was asleep at the foot of the bed. Gluttony and Lust were directly across from him while Pride and Greed sat to his right.

Izuku was about to answer but noticed his mouth was drier than a desert. He turned to his left and saw a sweating glass of water. He reached out to grab it but his body froze as he noticed a vase overflowing with yellow roses. He wanted to touch one but his fingers nudged the glass and knocked him out of his trance.

He pulled the glass towards him and held it in front of him. He ran his fingers up the glass and a blob of water rose out of the cup. It moved in the air before Zero captured it in his mouth. The water spot popped in his mouth and relieved his mouth of its' dryness.

"I'll take that as an 'I'm fine'" Pride said, leaning back in his chair with a dry smile.

Gluttony grabbed Zero's legs- waking up Sloth in the process. "Oh, Zero! We were so worried about you!"

Sloth rubbed his eyes. "I told you he was just resting"

Lust pried Gluttony's hands off of Zero's blanketed legs. "But still- people die in their sleep all the time. You should know"

"Yes, and I envy them" Envy rolled his eyes but patted Zero's shoulder. "It's good to see you awake" Wrath nodded his head and clapped lightly.

Zero looked at Greed and smiled softly. "I'm fine Greed. I feel like I took a long nap" Greed nodded and Zero put his half-full glass on the stand next to the bed. Out of curiosity, he plucked one yellow rose from the bouquet and saw that the thorns were clipped. He twirled the rose's stem between his fingers and saw a bandage on his right hand.

He rubbed his fingers against it.

So, the meadow wasn't a dream.

Zero looked up and noticed his brothers looking at his hand. Greed put his hand on top of the bandages and apologized. "I'm sorry, Zero. I guess on the way from the USJ to the Infirmary, your hand got scratched a bit"

Zero shook his head. "That's fine, but what happened? I only remember up until a certain point"

Fidgets plagued the brothers. Pride sighed and answered. "After you conked out, the pro-heroes arrived and started swarming the area. The remaining villains were booked and everyone was checked over. None of the students had any extreme injuries but they decided to admit you to the Infirmary because you passed out. Everyone was sent home and you were checked over by Infirmary Girl before she left too. Aizawa is in intensive care but it's looking good for him. Mini-mouse man came in here earlier and told us that once you wake up then we can all go home"

"He also told us to stay home for any extra recovery that we may need" Pride finished. "To be honest, we weren't thinking of showing up tomorrow anyways"

"Why is that?" Zero asked.

Lust jumped up from his metal, folding chair. "Because you have Quirk Training!" He sat back down and squealed in his seat like a high school girl getting a carnation from her crush on Valentine's Day.

"Quirk Training?"

"That's right, Zero" Greed smiled. "In order to protect yourself, you have to train. We did it so now have to do it too"