coffin

Izuku laid awake in bed.

Ever since coming home from the USJ he has been having horrible nightmares. He hasn't told anyone but he when he tries to- he immediately forgets what he dreamt about. They just leave a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach.

He rolled over in his bed and saw all his brothers asleep. He wondered what their dreams were and wished none of them had the cryptic dreams that he kept having. He sighed and pulled the covers over his head.

He knew he had to sleep because tomorrow was the Sports Festival.

He was just afraid of what he would see.

"It's just a dream. It doesn't mean anything" Izuku whispered and smothered his face in the pillow.

He closed his eyes and his conscience dissipated.

As soon as Zero fell asleep, Sloth woke up.

***

Zero woke up in the meadow- like everyone other nightmares. He remembers this meadow specifically because it's where he finds the little boy. He looked down and saw what he always sees- himself wearing a hospital nightgown and his feet deep in the Earth like worms.

He heard the music and the flowers swayed in response. He took a couple of steps before realizing the soil turned brittle. Looking down, he noticed all the flowers shriveling up before snapping under the mercy of the wind. The sun and blue skies were replaced with a foreboding moon and a matte grey sky that stretched on as far as the eye could see. The harsh air choked the music, leaving ominous silence in its' place.

Zero looked up and saw the boy sitting on top of a coffin. His hands were drenched in blood and were dripping on to the lifeless ground. The stark contrast of the bright red amongst the dull grey world caught Zero off guard and widened his eyes.

The little boy hummed the same tune as the music but at a slower and more dramatic pace. Zero looked all around him and saw random patches of soil that look like they've been placed there after the ground has gone bad.

The little boy stopped humming and Zero looked at him in response.

He pointed at a shovel that wasn't there before and pointed at Zero. "мαкє α gяανє"

Not asking why, Zero leaned down and picked up the shovel- keeping eye contact with the boy. He broke it while looking for room among the random plots and found one near to where he was standing originally. He stuck the tip of the shovel in the hearth and found that it gave little fight to him. He dug as the little boy stared at him, not moving the entire time. The only thing that moved was the occasional air that carried the scent of death and decomposition.

As Zero dug, a question kept ringing through his mind.

Why is this place reoccurring?

"ι'ℓℓ αиѕωєя тнαт qυєѕтισи ωιтн α qυєѕтισи: ωнєи ωє αℓℓ fαℓℓ αѕℓєєρ, ωнєяє ∂σ ωє gσ?"

Zero stopped digging and looked at the boy from inside the small grave he was digging. His facial expression must've shown his confusion, so the boy spoke again.

"тнιѕ ιѕ α ρℓα¢є ωнєяє ℓιfє єи∂ѕ αи∂ ѕтαятѕ. ιт'ѕ ωнєяє ωє αℓℓ єи∂ υρ єνєитυαℓℓу- αℓℓ єχ¢єρт мє"

Zero tilted his head in confusion. "Why not you?"

"вє¢αυѕє σf тнє ρℓαиѕ ι нανє" The boy started swinging his legs. "σи¢є тнєу αяє ∂σиє, ι ѕнσυℓ∂ вє αвℓє тσ ℓєανє"