fire

"Thanks for waiting, everybody! The first match of the second round is a big match!" Present Mic announced.

"The man who won a huge victory in the first round and literally left the audience frozen- from the hero course, it's Shoto Todoroki!"

An uproar of cheers cried at the sound of his name, as Todoroki walked to the stage. He stared at Izuku with intensity.

"On the other hand, this guy made his first opponent walk out of the ring! With too many Quirks to count- what kind of fight will he show us this time? From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!"

A thunderous wail erupted from the crowd. Izuku stood tall at the stage and held Todoroki's gaze.

He knew Todoroki meant business, so he had to be ready.

"So, you're here," Todoroki spoke.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Izuku smirked.

"At this year's Sports Festival, both have shown top-class performances! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other!"

Izuku took a deep breath and let it go. He shifted his left foot back and put his fists up. Todoroki moved back a bit and narrowed his eyes.

"Now, Midoriya versus Todoroki!"

Todoroki copied the same stance as Izuku, but with his arms down to his side.

Izuku braced himself for Todoroki's first move.

"Start!" Present Mic screamed.

Todoroki's foot twitched, and shards of ice formed and quickly charged at Izuku. Izuku knew this was going to happen and immediately grabbed onto the air. The shards stopped moving and stood straight up like needles. Izuku shifted onto his left foot and began to rock slightly. He pushed the shards inwards with his fingertips before raising his hands up.

Izuku then smashed his hands downwards, and all the ice turned into water. The water lay there still and silent, as Todoroki gritted his teeth.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" Present Mic yelled as Izuku smirked at Todoroki's dismay.

The crowd cheered as Izuku dropped his stance and stood up tall. "Maybe it's Pride rubbing off on me, but I feel insanely confident that you won't win this fight, Todoroki." He flexed his hands and spoke to himself. "Is this what it feels like? This adrenaline rush- no wonder my brothers like to win."

Todoroki huffed. "This round isn't over yet." Todoroki again tried to send shards back at Izuku. They came faster and wilder than the last.

But that didn't phase Izuku. Because he was already in tune with water, he didn't have to do a lot of movement the second time. He grabbed the air, picked it up, and smashed it to the ground. The shards reacted and became water beneath them.

"He stopped it again!" Present Mic yelled.

In quick movements, Izuku picked up his arms and protected his face. The water reacted by turning into two vertical hedges of water. When Izuku turned his wrists outwards, the water solidified into blocks of ice.

Izuku took in one breath and pushed his hands away from himself.

Two building-sized hedges came charging at Todoroki. Todoroki attacked the fences with his own ice shards, and the hedges broke into tiny shards of winter. Izuku quickly became in tune with air and moved his left foot forwards. With his left hand, he made a swirling motion. The winter mist that surrounded Todoroki, and he grew and wrapped around the entire audience.

Izuku heard some awe and clapping, and also heard people complain about the cold. He ignored that and saw that Todoroki was slightly shivering. He had a hedge of ice surrounding him from moving closer to the edge. Izuku switched to being in tune with water, and with a simple shake of his right wrist- Todoroki's barrier came down.