gone

*starting up transmission*

"Breaking news! This evening in Musutafu, an explosion destroyed a local park. Locals say that two four year old boys, two middle aged women, and a middle aged man was at the park having a cookout when the explosion happened. Let's follow Inoue Marina for more details"

News cuts to a lady standing in front of a pit, with only caution tape separating the two. "Thank you, Miyake. Right behind us is a massive pit that followed the aftermath of a random explosion that occurred at four PM today. Authorities first thought it was a villain attack before finding a distress call from a pro-hero by the name of Eraserhead. We'll play that tape now for the viewers at home"

The recording plays and disorientated shrieking is audible. "I need back up. A kid's quirk is out of control and I cannot subdue him. Come-" the recording is followed by static and then cuts off.

Inoue appears back on screen. "Authorities arrived at the scene fifteen minutes later, but it was too late. The entire playground and trees surrounded it were engulfed in flames and the pro-hero was nowhere to be found. Once the fires were put out; a child, identified as Midoriya Izuku, was found at the bottom of the pit- with only bruises.  The people still missing are: Midoriya Inko, Bakugo Katsuki, Bakugo Mitsuki, and Bakugo Masaru. Nobuhiko Daiki, the coroner on the scene, has strong hope that these people managed to escape- before the explosion"

The camera cuts to Nobuhiko. "In a fire, or explosion in this case, the flesh would melt away but the bone would stay. I believe the same here because their bones would have been here if they perished. If the explosion was hot enough, it would not have only burned this pit- but burned down nearby building due to the sheer heat from it. But the buildings are intact- which means the explosion was controlled. Either the explosion was controlled so much that intense heat burned these people died instantly or they got away to a safe distance"

The camera cuts back to Inoue. "This just in", she touches the piece on her ear and starts speaking quickly. "Pro-hero Eraserhead was found a couple blocks away in an alleyway. Paramedics found him running back to this exact scene and saw that he only has scratches and bruises. Let's see if we can get a closer look"

The cameraman follows Inoue as she speed walks to the emergency vehicle- which supports Midoriya with his eyes closed and a breathing mask on. Next to him is the pro-hero Eraserhead- sitting on the gurney with a tired look in his eyes.

He flinched when the camera was pointed towards him.

"Eraserhead! May we have a few words?"

He sighed deeply. "No"

Inoue couldn't get another word because Midoriya to moan quietly and then started to slowly open his eyes. Inoue, Eraserhead, and the cameraman stopped what they were doing as the child woke up fully.

He stared at all three of them before taking his breathing mask off and sitting up completely. Inoue jumped into action and shoved the microphone in his face. Midoriya looked up at her lazily.

"Who are you?"

The boy shook his head and slid off the gurney. He flinched when his feet hit the floor, but inwardly moaned as he continued to ignore the reporter's  questions. Eraserhead stared at him but kept his space as the boy, once again, pushed the microphone out of his face. He looked down at his shadow that the light from the back of the vehicle casted on him and whispered something.

"Could you say that again?"

The boy looked back up at her, but he was started to sink into his shadow. He kept his eyes away from the older man as tendrils of tangible darkness wrapped around him and pulled him under. He looked at the ground and gripped his fists tight as he began to leave the stranger's presence. The sudden use of the boy's quirk shocked Inoue and Eraserhead as he let his shadow entomb him in darkness- leaving the space quietly and quickly.

*end transmission*