Happy New Year

A/N: This is in honor of the new year!
"Come on, everybody! These decorations aren't gonna hang themselves!" Amy calls out from a ladder Knuckles is holding steady. The entire Team Sonic is at the Village Center on 12/31 day, getting ready for the New Year's party.
"Oh, aren't they?" Tails asks slyly and aims his bazooka at the huts, hanging decorations (most notably gold streamers) for them. He grins slyly at Amy.
You have heard the saying "these (plural nouns) aren't gonna (verb) themselves" many times before. It's an amazing observation only adults can make.
"They still didn't hang themselves. Your machine did it," Amy says, crossing her arms. So does Knuckles from the ground.
"Not cool, Tails," he frowns. That's the (you're keeping track) 54th time you heard Knuckles say "not cool" to someone. Sticks walks up to Tails.
"Take those things down! You're gonna attract bugs, and aliens, and kumquats, and list jokes!" She shouts. Sonic walks up to them.

"Come on, lay off him!" he demands. You nod as Tails' decorations come crashing down. Sonic then puts left hand on Tails' shoulder with a "Way to ruin New Year's, dude." You instantly rehang the ornaments back on the walls with hot glue.

"Is that the holiday where a giant rabbit breaks into your house and hides painted eggs?" Knuckles asks.
"That's Easter, knucklehead," you sigh. Amy pushes a white new year's ball with colored dots on it with both her hands.
"Knuckles, forget about your crazy holidays, and help me get this ball on top of that pole," Amy orders. Knuckles grabs the pole with both his hands and lifts it. Amy puts the ball where the pole was, and Knuckles puts the pole back over the ball. Amy attaches the hook to the ball with her right hand, and Knuckles turns the crank with his right hand, lifting the ball to the top of the pole. Just like you've seen on TV.
"When it drops to the bottom, then it's exactly midnight and the start of the new year," Amy adds. You smile at her, but then instantly turn back to your hot glue gun, trying not to get any glue on yourself, even though you're wearing an apron and rubber gloves 🧤. Sticks runs up to Knuckles, causing him to let go of the crank.

"Don't trust her, Knuckles! I told you about the kumquats!" she shouts. Amy gasps as the ball falls. She tries to hold it back up with both her hands, and grunts, but the ball pushes her to the bottom of the pole and breaks. You gasp hard.

"You dropped the ball!" Tails giggles, until you, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks all stare angrily at him.
"Not cool?" Tails asks. You shake your head as the screen suddenly rumbles, and Sonic, you, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks all turn your attention to it. It's Eggman in his Eggmobile and he's surrounded by 4 Ball Bots.

"OK, Ball Bots, let's roll!" he shouts. You got that one.
The ball bots roll on the ground and Sonic jumps onto one of them. He walks backward on it and jumps off it just in time as it hits a tree, which destroys it. Knuckles then punches a Ball Bot that rolls toward him with his left hand, getting it stuck inside it. Same for the other hand.
He then grunts as he tosses the ball bots back at Eggman, causing them to hit his Eggmobile and cause a great deal of damage to it. It turns upside down, and Eggman retreats.

Tails is now holding his bazooka in his right hand again. He aims it at the last Ball Bot and fires decorations at it. The decorations cause the Ball Bot to spin and toss them onto the houses. You, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks all look around in awe.

"The decorations look great, Tails, and that'll make a great New Year's Eve Ball!" Amy praises. [Knuckles picks up the pole with both his hands as Amy pushes the Ball Bot to where the pole was with both her hands. Knuckles stick the pole in the Ball Bot, destroying it, and Amy attaches the hook to it with her left hand. Knuckles then turn the crank with his left hand, lifting the Ball Bot to the top of the pole.
"Nice one!" you cheer, squirting the last bit of hot glue needed on the last ornament.
By ten pm, the party is finally set up and you're a mess of dry hot glue.
See, Gingersnap, who's been acting up lately, got in your way. He leaped on your face to where you dropped the glue gun (No, Tails did NOT make a joke about that like he did for the FIRST New Year's Eve ball), causing it to spray all over you. The others tried to help you, but they couldn't get it all off, so Amy had the idea to glue a lot of decorations onto you for a good costume.
Everyone now is enjoying the New Year's Eve party. Lady Walrus and the Walrus Male are dancing together, Wolfie and Diane Aardvark are sitting at a table together as Dave the Intern brings them their dinner, which he is holding in his right hand, and the Child Monkey, Wild Cat, Mike the Ox, Stratford, Lady Goat, and Knuckles (who is dressed in a hot dog costume) are all in a conga line. Leroy the Turtle is at the DJ system, scratching the records with both his hands. The Child Monkey, Wild Cat, Mike, Stratford, Lady Goat, and Knuckles all cheer as they conga, and Lady Walrus and the Walrus Male continue dancing together. Sonic and Amy watch as the Child Monkey, Wild Cat, Mike, Stratford, Lady Goat, and Knuckles all conga past them.