Chapter 34

FERISH

"FERISH! NYX! Hey, where are you?"

I woke up with that sweet gentle voice calling my name, as though it never knew how to get mad. I raised an eyebrow and yawned drowsily, still feeling tired after a long day of studying.

I've been trying to hide from her because... she is weird. And, she keeps on wanting to get close to me when I told her not to. It is dangerous and she's such a headache.

They've been here for weeks yet she acts like we spent all of our lives together. Ayoko sa kan'ya. She is annoying. I dislike the genuine smile she has because it makes me forget how cruel the people are. The smile that... that I can adore.

I must remember everything.

"Found you!"

I didn't open my eyes and pretend that I'm still sleeping. I felt her sat beside me in this wide field. Nasa ilalim ako ng malaking puno para matulog, at ayoko pa umalis dahil inaantok pa ako. Hindi gaanong mainit, at maganda ang panahon.

I can feel her presence beside me. Her warmth that feels so comforting is driving me insane. Her presence alone feels like a gift from the Heavens that it feels like it never deserved to get tainted.

The cold breeze on my skin and the perfect warmth of today. Nature certainly knows how to bring comfort to someone who's dying inside. I am... in this bright side.

"Hey..." She whispered in a low tone yet I can feel her excitement. I felt her warm minty breath of my face that made me unconsciously open my eyes, and I swear, my breath hitched the moment I saw her incomparable beauty right in front of me.

She makes me feel weak.

Those ocean blue eyes were staring right through me as though... as though it still sees me as someone so pure when I am beyond tainted. Her innocent stares make me feel beyond weak. It makes me feel so vulnerable that I want to burst out all of the burdens I have.

"What?" I asked and averted my gaze somewhere to avoid her lovely stares.

Nakaunan ang ulo ko sa braso ko. Kahit na hindi ako magsuot ng salamin ay ang linaw niya sa paningin ko. Her beauty is both intimidating and admirable.

"Ang sungit mo pa rin talaga hanggang ngayon. Can't you really remember me?"

I do. I remember her. She was that helpless girl whom I saved before. She was crying, asking for help. She was so hopeless. I remember her well, and the last time we talked is still vivid in my head, like it happened yesterday.

I remember how she hugged me and gave comfort into my chaotic mind. I remembered how her mere smile washed away the pain that I've contained. I remembered... seeing hope in her figure.

But it was all gone.

"I don't."

She groaned. "Oh, c'mon, baby. You do remember me." Pangungulit niya. Tinignan ko ulit siya at nakangiti na siya sa akin. I never saw her mad. She's always so gentle and pure. "Nagtatampo ka ba kasi hindi na ako nagpakita?"

I didn't say anything because she spoke the little truth I'm avoiding. The audacity to ask such question when she clearly told me before that she's going to visit me once in a while, but she didn't. I waited for nothing.

"No."

"You're so cold." She lightly pinched my cheek, so I glared at her.