Chapter 12

OCTAVIA

"HEY, OCTA. Ayos ka na ba ngayon?" Lexi cheerfully greeted me with an ecstatic smile, trying to light up my mood.

Sumabay na siya sa akin sa paglalakad papasok sa first subject namin. She's wearing that bright smile of hers that looks genuine. She loves spreading kindness and her warmth and gentle presence is actually contagious, as if she's made to be someone's light.

"Lexi, you told us before that Tori saved you." I opened up a topic while gracefullu walking and the students are greeting us with respect.

She hummed and waved her hand to the students who are happy to be noticed by this woman. "Oo, nung nasa France pa ako. Bakit?"

"How did you overcome such trauma?"

If I'm not mistaken, Lexi was kidnapped before as her family is one of the richest in their country. She's the sole heir of the Hexar Group of Companies and Hexar Empire. And, based on her story, Tori saved her before.

She was never this cheerful when I first met her. But, right now, it's as if she finally achieved genuine happiness after walking in her own atrocious darkness. That, she finally get ahold of the happiness that she deserves after suffering in so much agony.

That must've been traumatic for a teenager. She was fifteen that time If I remembered it correctly. And right now, she seems to be living her life to the fullest. Sumama siya rito kay Tori sa Pilipinas at minsan na lang umuuwi sa France para kumustahin ang parents niya.

"Oh." Nagulat siya sa tinanong ko at bumati ulit sa mga estudyante habang nakangiti. "Acceptance. I acknowledged the feeling. Nag-therapy din ako before."

"Aside from therapy." I gestured my hand to dismiss that choice. That's even out of the choices I have. Ayoko. I dislike interactions because it seems to be meaningless in my eyes.

"Well, malaking part talaga 'yung naitulong ni Tori. She's always patient with me. Don't get me wrong, hindi ako nag-base sa kan'ya sa pagheal ko ng trauma." Pangunguna niya sa akin bago pa man ako makapagtanong. "Pero, alam mo 'yon. She's that trusted friend whom I know, will never betray and leave me. She stayed."

Her friendship with Tori is really suspicious, especially with the way she talked about the latter, I can see that she's happy. The spark in her eyes were different at the mention of my best friend's name; it is full of vibrant hues.

"She stayed throughout my healing process."

I gradually crossed my arms when we arrived at the room. Naupo na ako sa likuran at nagdekwatro habang nakikinig pa rin sa kwento niya. I am interested. Baka may makuha akong mahalagang impormasyon man lang.

"What else?" I fished out my phone from my purse to play Wordscapes, to kill time. I suddenly remembered that girl who seems to be interested with this game. She never left my mind.

"It is about the choice that you will make after you finally acknowledged how you feel. Saka, try something new, nakakatulong 'yon." Naglabas pa siya ng sketchpad niya sa bag niya. "Maghanap ka ng way to release the stress."

How to release the stress? I'm not too sure about it. I got used to contain and force everything inside until it finally find its way to be released, but in an apalling way, unfortunately. I never even got to talk about it.