07|Koto

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"We pretend we don't care

care. But we care."
~Lorde
᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"Why are we here? Is the Avatar here?" Akemi demanded, walking off of the boat. "Uncle lost a pai sho tile," Zuko shrugged before glaring at her. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in bed," He hissed.

Akemi rolled her eyes. "My wound has already been stitched, I'm not going to mope around in my bed." She crossed her arms, looking around the docks. She furrowed her brow as she watched a dozen crew members walk to the ship, carrying various artefacts.

"I always say, the only thing better than finding something you are looking for is finding something you weren't looking for at a great bargain!" Iroh exclaimed, smiling at himself. He rested his hands on his hips.

A crew member walked past the three holding a tsungi horn.

"You bought a tsungi horn?" Zuko asked, following the instrument with his eyes. "For music night on the ship. Now, if we only had some woodwinds...." Iroh trailed off and Akemi noticed two crew mates carrying an all to familiar instrument.

"You bought a koto," Akemi breathed out, watching the large kiri wooden instrument.

"Yes. It's 21 strings! I thought you could join music night!" Iroh grinned before his attention was caught by a pirate ship. "Oh, this place looks promising!"

Akemi didn't hear him though. Her mind wandered to distant memories.

"See, you pluck your fingers like so," Lu Ten said, his nimble fingers moving over the strings, generating a beautiful melody. "I should be studying war strategies," Akemi mumbled. Lu Ten shook his head, a few dark strands falling from his topknot. "Just try it, you learn better if you simultaneously play an instrument."

Iroh examined a monkey statue with rubies on it. "Oh, that is handsome! Wouldn't it look magnificent in the galley?" He turned to his nephew and niece who looked disinterested.

In the back of the ship one pirate—Oh—spoke to his captain in hushed tones. "We lost the Water Tribe girl and the little bald monk she was traveling with."

Zuko and Akemi's heads snapped in the direction of the pirates. "This monk, did he have an arrow on his head?" Zuko demanded. "Were they also travelling with a Water Tribe boy and girl?" Akemi added.

◇◆◈◆◇

"I just want to try this one move first and then it's all yours," Katara muttered, handing the scroll to Aang. "Here, hold it open for me. The single water whip. Looks doable." She moved her hands slowly, staring at the water in concentration. The water slowly moved and started to form something that resembled a whip.

Katara moved out her hand, trying out the move. But ended up whipping herself in the forehead. "Ow!"

Sokka rolled back, laughing. "Ha, ha, ha!"