01|The Great Find

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"We meet no ordinary people in our lives

people in our lives."
~C. S. Lewis
᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Akemi sat on the deck of the ship. A warm cup of tea was clutched in her hands as her golden eyes looking at the icebergs around them "Hmmmm." Iroh hummed as he looked at the Pai Sho game in front of him "If you keep improving like this Princess Akemi, I will have a hard time winning out Pai Sho games." He scratched his beard before he made his move. Akemi looked down at the game and her eyes narrowed ever so slightly in thought.

"Finally." Zuko grunted, he turned around and looked at Akemi and Iroh "Uncle, Akemi, do you realize what this means?" He turned around to look at his uncle and his sister, his ponytail whipping through the air as he did so "We won't get to finish our game?" Iroh asked, once more scratching his beard "It means my search is about to come to an end." Zuko spoke, turning to look at the light "Zuzu, that might just as well be a celestial light. In that case, congratulations on being able to see those." Akemi smirked as she saw Zuko grow frustrated "That light came from an incredibly powerful source!" Zuko snapped, pointing at the beam of light "It has to be him!"

"Or it's just the celestial lights. We've been down this road before, Prince Zuko." Iroh picked up the White Lotus tile and moved it over the board "I don't want you to get too excited over nothing. Please, sit. Why don't you enjoy a cup of calming Jasmine tea?" Iroh asked, pouring himself some tea in the process "I don't need any calming tea! I need to capture the Avatar! Helmsman, head a course for the light!" Zuko shouted in frustration as he turned to face the light once more.

"Zuzu, you are aware that the Avatar can be either male or female, aren't you?" Akemi asked as she didn't even turn her head to know his reaction "I am very aware!" Zuko snapped as Akemi's smirk grew.

◇◆◈◆◇

A few hours later, Akemi walked towards her room. After more than three years at sea, the princess had grown accustomed to the creaking of the hinges of her door. She didn't even notice the sound anymore as she entered the room. She removed her shoes before untying the strings that held her shinguards in place. Akemi walked briskly towards her meditation corner.

Akemi sat down on the red pillow on the floor. Her back remained straight as she crossed her legs underneath her. she pinched the candles with her hands, effectively lightly them. The girl took a breath before closing her eyes. If by a miracle, the light they had seen was in fact the Avatar, she'd need to be in top condition. Both physically and mentally.

◇◆◈◆◇

Meanwhile, a few hours away from the Fire Nation ship, two teens from the Southern Water Tribe sat on the Flying Bison, who's owner was the last Air Nomad. Aang now laid on his back, his arms tucked under his head. The boy's thoughts drifted towards his people. Aang didn't notice Katara crawling to the front of the saddle to have a better look at the boy. She rested her head on her crossed arms "Hey." Aang turned his head so his grey eyes looked at the Water Tribe girl he had met earlier "Hey. What'cha thinking about?"