05|Hot Springs

Last episode: (gonna do this for episodes I skip)
Katara, Sokka and Aang  worked on freeing the earthbending prisoners
Akemi and Zuko arrived at the prison after the Gaang left, both siblings found Katara's fallen necklace

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"Being against evil doesn't make you good

make you good."
~Ernest Hemingway
᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"Uncle! It's time to leave! Where are you? Uncle Iroh!" Zuko called out as he and Akemi walked through the forest "If he were just a soldier we would have left him behind by now," Akemi muttered, pushing away the branch of a tree.

"Over here!" Uncle Iroh called out, as the two siblings entered the clearing "Uncle? We need to move on. We're closing in on the Avatar's trail and I don't want to lose him," Zuko barked while Akemi rolled her eyes at seeing their uncle in a hot spring "You look tired, Princess Akemi, Prince Zuko. Why don't you join me in these hot springs and soak away your troubles?" Iroh replied calmly "My troubles cannot be soaked away. It's time to go!" Zuko snapped

"You should take your teacher's advice and relax a little. The temperature's just right. I heated it myself." He breathed steam through his nose, warming up the water "Enough! We're leaving now!" Akemi stepped in "Very well!" Iroh rose to his feet, showing his half naked body. Both Akemi and Zuko turned around "On second thought, why don't you take another few minutes? But be back at the ship in a half-hour or I'm leaving without you!"

"And be dressed!" Akemi called back before she and Zuko set off to the boat.

◇◆◈◆◇

Back on the boat Akemi lit a few candles in her room before grabbing a small bowl of water and sitting before the candles.

The girl took a deep breath before moving her hand over the bowl, bending the water up to hover above her hand. Akemi looked up determined and slowly bent the fire to swirl above her other hand. A smile tugged on her lips as she successfully bent the two elements simultaneously.

Slowly moving her arms she attempted to switch the elements from hands. The ball of water wobbled in the air and the flame shrunk to the point Akemi was convinced it would disappear. Then, the ball stopped wobbling and the flame returned to its normal size.

"Princess!" The door opened and water splashed on the ground as the flames grew "How dare you not knock?" Akemi said, rising to her feet to look at the terrified soldier "Sorry your Highness, I came to say that General Iroh is yet to return," The soldier rambled, looking at Akemi in fear "Alright." Akemi nodded and the soldier left her room.

As soon as the soldier left the room, Akemi clutched her freshly burned hand. Being interrupted in the middle of practice wasn't exactly helpful. The princess quickly wrapped a bandage around her fresh wound before sliding on her gloves.