13|Wan & Shoi-Ming

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"Help me. Remind me why I'm here."
-Kim Addonzio
᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Akemi scrambled out of her canoe, body battered, broken and bruised. The trip to the Earth Kingdom had been unkind to the banished princess. She released a breath and dropped herself onto the sand, arms spread out. She closed her eyes.

"Guardian Akemi," Said girl opened her eyes and narrowed them to stare at the silhouette of a man who blocked parts of the sun. The man bent down to be closer to Akemi, and a surge of panic and adrenaline kicked in and Akemi balled her fists with fire wishing out. "Hello." Monk Gendun smiled at the girl.

The man carefully bent down and gathered Akemi's things before reaching down to her. Despite his thin body where bones shone through, Gendun picked up Akemi easily and brought her away from the beach and to the forest where he lay her down.

Gendun grasped a small wooden cup which he filled with tea. Gently the monk gave Akemi some of the tea. As he poured the tea down her throat he started a hum that Akemi did not understand.

"Akemi..."

The Fire Nation girl groaned and tried to move, but found her body to have turned to led.

"Akemi..."

Ju-Min hovered in the night air, she glowed a bright grey. "You made the right decision in the North Pole."

Guardian Ru took Ju-Min's place. "Now we will show you who you are."

Then appeared Guardian Kuromi, her grey aura darker than the rest. "Find yourself and decide who you are," She stared deeply into Akemi's eyes before vanishing and being replaced with a Water Tribe Guardian who must have been Guardian Nukilik, the Guardian of Avatar Kuruk.

"Go on," He said.

Then Akemi saw a man with short messy brown hair, a light grey hue surrounding him. He smiled at her. He had a clean-shaven face and jade green eyes. "Come, it's time you learned about yourself." He took her left hand.

The scenery changed to a forest, a very very old forest. A baby there laid crying in a basket with two dead bodies near it. A large grey lion sprit found the child and gently picked it up. The weeping babe was brought to an oasis and put in the pond there. An aye-aye spirit looked down at the child and groaned at the lion. "We can't have a human here! They are vile and they stink!" The lion looked at the aye-aye spirit before roaring. The aye-aye spirit glared at the lion before sighing. "Fine, but it's your responsibility."

Years passed and the little boy grew up to be lean and strong. He ran around the forest with the spirits. Together with the aye-aye spirit the boy warded off humans. "Good job, Shoi-Ming." The aye-aye spirit ruffled Shoi-Ming's hair and the boy grinned.