Chapter Five

*Rayne's point of view*

I was relaxing in my room when I heard a knock at the door. I went and opened expecting Draco but was given a rude awakening to see my dad and Lucius Malfoy. That's when I knew what was happening. I had always suspected Draco's dad would use me as a bargaining chip for Draco to remain a deatheater I just didn't think my father would be apart of it.  I felt the tears come to my eyes as I looked at my traitor of a father. He held a cold stare but I could see he was upset. My father then took his wand and casted a spell to put me to sleep. Everything went dark and all I could think about was Draco.

What felt like hours later, I awoke in a dungeon and I saw Lucius standing there with his cane. I just stood up and spit in his direction. He didn't like this as he took his cane and wacked me in the face. "Draco will certainly be upset seeing your pretty little face all busted up but, oh well, it will be worth it." he spoke before hitting me again. Oh god, Draco find me.

*Draco's point of view*

It has been near a whole day since I have seen Rayne and it is starting to worry me. That's when it hit me. I stood up and ran out of class running to her room. I saw her room completely trashed and there was a note on her bed. 

'DEAREST DRACO,

YOU REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS THAT EASY TO GET OUT OF THIS. OH NO. YOU MADE A BLOOD OATH. NOW EITHER KEEP YOUR PROMISES OR YOUR PRETTY LITTLE GIRLFRIEND DIES. THE DARK LORD IS VERY EAGER TO HEAR YOUR ANSWER.

YOUR FATHER'

I felt all the color leave my face as I dropped the paper and ran to Dumbledore's office. He looked stunned to see me. 

"Draco, what brings you here today?" he asked concerned. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "My father kidnapped Rayne. We have to help her. Please help me." I begged. He just sighed and turned his back to me. This angered me.

"I know you don't like her but what happened to the man that would do anything to save his students and his school?" I yelled, questioning his authority. He turned back to me with anger in his eyes. I just puffed out my chest and didn't let him see how frightened I was for her. "And how do I know that you actually care about her and don't plan to hurt her yourself?" he snapped. For a wise man he was being stupid. "Then look in my thoughts." I hissed. I sat in the seat and removed my chain from around my neck that protects me from such magic. He nodded and picked up his wand, chanting a spell. My thoughts were then on full display.

He looked around at my thoughts , as did I

He looked around at my thoughts , as did I. It was in that moment that I realized everything I thought about, all of my memories, were Rayne. Dumbledore looked at me with shock clear in his expression. "You really love her, don't you?" he asked. I just slowly nodded my head feeling my heart break. I loved her so much and I didn't know where she was. I need to know she is okay. I can't lose her. Soon I realized I was hyperventilating and I felt everything go black.