Chapter six

*Rayne's point of view*

It has been 3 months since we have returned to Hogwarts and its been a month since Draco has spoken to me. He told me when he got back it was his fault and that he thinks I would be better off with someone else. I was heart broken. Hermione has been trying to make me feel better but nothing could. All of this was my fault. I have been going to my classes and keeping to myself. Even Pansy was being nice to me after what happened but I couldn't. Seeing everyone and everything here reminded me of Draco. I needed to leave. I couldn't even look my father in the eye after what he did to me. I decided I was going to leave Hogwarts. It was better for everyone.

I wrote everyone a note, even Draco, letting them know I was leaving. I slipped it under their doors as I left.

*Draco's point of view*

When I returned to my room I came across an envelope with my name on it in Rayne's hand writing.

'DRACO

I LOVED YOU BUT I GUESS THAT WASN'T ENOUGH. IT'S TIME FOR ME TO SWALLOW THE BITTER TRUTH. I DON'T BELONG HERE. I WILL BE LEAVING TODAY. HAVE A GOOD LIFE AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL LOVE YOU FOR YOU AND NOT WHAT YOUR FAMILY WANTS YOU TO BE. I SAW A FUTURE WITH YOU BUT NOW ITS UNCLEAR. I HAVE NOTHING MORE HOLDING ME HERE. THIS IS GOODBYE. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.

RAYNE'

I threw the letter down and ran through the halls to find her. I finally ran outside where she was in the courtyard. "Rayne!" I called out for her. She turned and I caught her in my embrace and kissed her with all the love and passion I had. She pushed me back. "Draco what are you doing?" she asked breathlessly. I put my finger under her chin and made her look up at me. "You told me to find someone that will love me for me. I already have and that's you. I broke my promise to you but I am ready to fix it. I blamed myself for you getting hurt and I felt it was better to try not to love you but I can't. You are my world Rayne. I can't live without you. Please stay." I confessed as I held her close. Tears welled up in her eyes as she nodded her head and kissed my lips once more. This moment is when I knew she was mine forever and I would do anything for her. I picked her up and wrapped her legs around me. I spun us around and looked her in the eyes once again. 

I brought her back to my room kissing her once more. I pushed her up against the wall and put my hands on her cheeks. I pulled away from her and looked her in the eyes. I know she isn't ready for the next step so I will be satisfied with just loving her for now. Touching her again will come in time but I need to build her trust again. I will never give this girl up again. I gave up the best thing in my life for three months and I will never do it again. Missing her was agony. Avoiding her was like carving my heart out of my chest. I continued to look into her eyes as we stood in silence. I then noticed the tears come to her eyes as she broke in my arms. I know this is what she needed so I fell to my knees holding her and just letting her cry. She has so much going on and I think she should just let it out.

It has been three hours now. I had Dumbledore pull some strings so Rayne would be able to dorm with me out of protection for her. He was not happy about it but he wasn't going to object since Snape basically turned his back on her. I was now holding her as she slept in my arms. I was afraid to let her go, because I feel like if I did that she would just disappear. I looked her over to remember every detail of her face. her pale skin, black hair, and perfect lips. Her perfect blue eyes that pierce my soul every time I look in to them. My heart skips a beat when she kisses me. My soul is hers when I touch her. Oh how I wish I could claim her body fully but not until she is ready. I love her and if waiting is what she wants then it is what I shall do. Looking at her I feel the feeling my mother said she felt for my father when they first met. She told me he was one of the most amazing men she ever met but he changed when I was born. Sometimes I wonder what he would've been like now if mom had left when he first changed. I felt Rayne stir in my arms. 

*Rayne's point of view*

I awoke in Draco's arms. It felt so safe and warm. I looked up at him meeting his icy gaze. His eyes reminded me on the moon. I brought a hand up to his cheek and he closed his eyes leaning into my touch. "Your touch feels amazing my darling." he spoke quietly. I knew he meant it because Draco is always honest with me since the night I found his mark. He opened his eyes and looked straight into my soul. "Rayne, I love you." he looked in my eyes as he said it. "Draco, I love you too. More than I thought I should've. You make me feel things that I never thought I could." I replied.  I just continued to look at him. I feel like I could have a future with this man. Make love to him, be his wife, and have children with him, but only time will tell. I kissed his lips and cuddled closer in to him. I want to be as close as I can be to him. I want to be apart of him.

"Baby are you ok?" he asked as he held me tighter

"Baby are you ok?" he asked as he held me tighter. I just nuzzled my head in to the nape of his neck. "I'm fine. Just please don't let me go." I whispered  He nodded his head and kissed the top of my head. "I will never let you go my love." he confessed.