Chapter Twenty

*Draco's point of view*

Rayne turned around and gasped. I thought what other than this was the perfect time to ask this woman to marry me.

"Rayne Athena Snape, I have loved you since the moment I saw you. You made me a better man, a father, and someone our baby can be proud of. I have never been more sure about anyone in my entire life. You are my past, my present, and my future. You saved me when I was at my lowest. Without you I would not be here. Without you my heart would have stopped beating years ago. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" I asked. She began to cry and nodded. I put the ring on her finger then she flung her arms around my neck. Everyone cheered and whistled for us. I placed a kiss on my beautiful fiance's lips. Today has been the worst and the best day of my life. 

We took our time but we let it fade as we tended to the injured and helped to locate the dead. Poor Mrs. Weasely lost one of the twins, Fred. Rayne helped to comfort her and all the others. Seeing all this death breaks my heart but all these people fought bravely and died heroes.

Our attention was cut short when Harry came in with Snape's body floating in a golden bubble. I saw the look in Rayne's eyes and it told me how she was feeling. I wrapped my arms around her. "What happened?" I asked. She shook her head. "Voldemort had Nagini kill him because he was willing to fight for me." she replied. I soon felt Angora slither up my leg. She began hissing like crazy. I then looked up and saw Eila. I put Rayne behind me, but she wasn't having it. Rayne walked up to her mother with a vengeance and I would be lying if I said it wasn't kind of hot.

*Rayne's point of view*

I walked up to my mom and slapped her in the face sending her to the ground. She began to laugh like a mental problem.

"I knew Aurora would use you as a vessel. You did exactly what I created you to do. You're still Severus's pathetic weakling of a daughter." she laughed out. I just stood there not amused as Narcissa and Lucius walked in with my daughter. "Eila, the only weakling here is you. You traded the life of your daughter for power that you won't ever control. I looked at you like you were a super hero until I brought my own baby into this world. She helped me shed the rose colored glasses you put on me for years. I am strong for her dammit. I will never turn my back on her like you did. I will never leave her. My dad proved he could be a better parent than you in just two short years. I hate you." I hissed. She just looked at me  with a face of utter disgust. "You had to trade something for the power Aurora gave. Did you trade your daughter or Draco?" she laughed out once more. I just smiled and felt Aurora's presence. "I traded you, bitch." I replied before walking away hearing her scream as Aurora absorbed her soul. Aurora then manifested.

"Thanks to you I am free from my prison

"Thanks to you I am free from my prison. Your mother has taken my place. I will now be in harmony with my family. As a thank you I have bestowed a gift on your child. May her power become magic of the light and love. She will be beautiful and kind Rayne." she spoke before disappearing. I quickly went to Narcissa taking my baby into my arms. I let the tears flow knowing that she would be ok.