race to the finish line

Jayden's POV

Jayden's POV

Beep beep beep

-"OH SHI-"

Beep beep beep

-Morgan "I'm so ready for this!"

Beep beep beep

-Kristal "IM AWAKE!"

Beep beep beep

-Nathan "zzz.."

Ok I got no time to lose. Get my clothes on, hair done, put on some deodorant and cologne, brush my teeth. Ok I think I'm good. I rush downstairs while trying to adjust my shoe correctly to my foot.

"Hey where are you going so early in the morning?" Grayson shouts from across the room.
"Yeah I thought you were gonna help us build the birdhouse for our front yard?" Ethan says.
Both of them are shirtless wearing nothing but boxers which is no surprise knowing they are twins. They both are wearing safety goggles with their tools in hand constructing which seems to be a wooden birdhouse.

Ughh, I have no time staring at bulges right now "I'm going to work I'll explain later!" I rush out the door and on my way to meet the others.

Ever since we found out about this app where we get paid for helping people around with whatever they need help, we decided to get the job. The more intense the task is, the more points we get, which goes straight to our phones. Grayson let me borrow his old phone which still works fine he just wanted to upgrade to the latest iPhone. We get notified when there's someone around the neighborhood who need our help. Today, our head master Ms. Garcia, made a competition for us. Me, Kristal, Morgan, Nathan, and Mark are all competing to see who gets 500 points first.
Winner gets $1,000 plus another special prize.

We take these kind of things very seriously. We also agreed that winner gets bragging rights for the rest of the week.

Finally I made to work. The building where everyone who works for the app goes before starting to help people around the city. Since we're beginners, we only help out our neighborhood which is fine cause it's pretty big. I swung the glass doors open and went to the second floor where our personal lounge is. I'm out of breathe.

"Are you guys ready?" Kristal says making herself a cup of coffee.
"Yup, ready to kick ass"

"Where's Nathan, we told everyone to meet here before we began." Morgan says looking around the room

"I'M HERE! Why didn't you wake me up Mark?" He says out of breathe as well buckling his shirt.

"Why would I do that?" He laughs as we all stand up preparing ourselves.

"Alright, make the best man or women win" I say as we rush towards the door.

"Where are you guys going in such a rush?" The head master tells us.

"Oh... w-we are just doing our jobs." Morgan says with a shaky voice.

She looks at us with a serious and strict face. Giving each and everyone of us a good stare.

"Uh-hu, never seen anyone so enthusiastic helping people like you five"

We don't say anything back. I can speak for all of us when I say that she is very intimidating especially when she gets a fishy feeling.

"Well? Quit standing around and do your job!"

We all run out the door.

*

"How are the cookies looking?" Sofia says taking a look at my progress.

"They are looking pretty good if you ask me" I say with pride. Yeah I know, baking cookies may not be the best task, but you gotta start off somewhere. Besides, just like Uber, the customers will give you a rating weather we did a good job or not. One being the lowest and 5 five being the highest. This will also affect the points you earn.

"I can't believe the maid I hired doesn't even know how to make cookies. Could you believe that? Thank god I fired her." She starts rambling about all her problem with the maid or whatever. I'm just focus on making these damn cookies for her and hopefully she'll give me a good rating.

"Oh that reminds me, I need to call another one of you to fix my broken bookshelf." She says

"Wait, why call another one when I'm right here. I could do that too" I try to give a convincing smile at her.

"Uhh yeah no. You're a little too short for the job."

"What?! But I can always just stand on a-"

"No."

"But I'm a really goo-"

"No" she says leaving the room

Ugh that bitch! Whatever, keep on mixing that dough Jayden.

Minutes later

"Right this way. The bookshelf is all messed up and loose."

I see Sofia coming in with- OH GOD! I practically almost choked.

What is Nathan doing here?! There's like a million people that could've done the job! He's for sure gonna distract me in some way.

He gives me a smirk as he heads towards the broken bookshelf. "Oh don't worry, I'll fix this in no time." He says as he starts taking off his shirt and starts to repare it. I can tell Sofia is admiring him since she hasn't said a word.

What's up with everyone being shirtless today?

As minutes pass by nathan starts bluffing saying how he's gonna win and brag to my face when he does. We went on and off about who's gonna win till eventually he was done.

"Ma'am I'm finished fixing your bookshelf!" He shouts.

No! Already?! Well whatever he's not gonna get as much points as I am either way.

"Anyone can fix a darn bookshelf, but it takes talent to create and bake perfect cookies." I say to him trying to make myself as the greater person.

"Anyone can make cookie... but we'll just see who she likes better now will we. She can't resist all this." He smirks as he grabs his bulge and then picks off chocolate chips out of my unbaked cookies and eats it. P

Sofia comes into the kitchen smiling "oh it's beautiful thank you so much! Five stars!"

"Pfft, only took him an hour" I say in a low voice.

"Did you just spit on my cookies?!" She says with her mouth wide open in disbelief

I look up at her with a fright "oh no ma'am it wasn't- I didn't"

She rolls her eyes then proceeds to looks back at Nathan "there's also a broken lightbulb in my bedroom, could you fix that too please" she plays with her hair and tiptoes on one feet like a horny teenage girl.

"I can do that! I'm already done with your cookies!" I rush up to her getting her attention.

"Uhh no, Nathan can handle that isn't that right Nathan?"

"Hell yeah I can! Take me to your bedroom"
She giggles as she leads him to her room while touching his biceps.

Ughh I roll my eyes.

Welp I guess I'm done here. I get a notification so I pull up my phone and read it.

WHAT?! SHE ONLY GAVE ME 3 STARS!?

I look around the room making sure the cost is clear and the spit on that bitches cookies.

I'm out of this discussing white ass house, what's my next task?