Blast From the Past (pt 2)

Jayden's POV

Jayden- k I'm coming.

I take one last look in the mirror to see if I look good.
Okay how am I gonna do this? My parents are asleep, I don't wanna wake them up. They're strict about my sleeping schedule, especially on weekdays.

Oh I know! I'll sneak out from my window! I open the window slowly and turn off the lights.
Okay I made it out. I quickly hope into the car and we drive off.

*at the party*

I can't believe we made it here. I feel so rebellious doing this.
"Have you guys seen Grayson?" I ask as I look around.
"No"
"I'll go look for him" Morgan goes off in search of Grayson.
All of a sudden this random person approaches us holding a red plastic cup on his hand. He's wearing an orange flannel with yellow flowers on them. "Hey you two. Isn't this party great? Isn't it fun being so cool and hip, since we are teenagers!" he says with a cheeky smile.

"What are you talking about?" Kristal says.
"I just feel like it so free that we are teens and living out best life. Isn't it?"
"Yeah I guess..." I say creeped out
"Well cya!" He says as he sips from his cup.
"He was weird..." Kristal says watching him leave.
"Hey I'm back." Morgan says holding a slice of pizza. "why did you come back so fast? Did you find him?" I say desperately. "Oh.... I forgot what I was suppose to do so I got pizza instead." "Morgan!!" I say in anger.
"The pizza taste good."

The only reason why I came here was for him. They're so many people here it scares me. The musics so loud. It's impossible to hear anything. "Omg I see him!" Kristal says point at him at the other side. He's with his girlfriend and a bunch of other guys I'm assuming they're his friends. They're all talking and being boys.
"Go talk to him!" Kristal pushes me a little towards him.
Okay this is my time. Although this may be a little intimidating I'm not gonna let this night go to waist. Here goes nothing.

"AAHHHHHHHH" a loud scream coming from behind. That sounds like Samantha. I see her tearing up, her eyeliner is dripping from her face. The music stops.

"TAYLOR IS DEAD!"

Everyone stops gasping and whispering to each other.

UGHH couldn't she die later, I was literally about to ask him.

*

"I'm sure you all are as shocked as we are. We don't know who did this or why. But the police officers know that it's one of you. So if anyone would like to confess who killed Taylor then go right ahead. I'm your friend and you can trust me. I'm not her to put any of you in danger. My job is to understand what's happening. So... anyone?" The police officer says crossing her arms.
Nobody raises there hand.
"Why do you think it's one of us tho? It could literally be any other person at the party." Kristal says. The room that we are current in is pretty big. 10 other people besides me, Morgan, and Kristal are here.
"Because Samantha claims that you all are the most closest to Taylor." The officer says.

"Well it isn't us" I say. The officer sighs.
"Fine. You all are dismissed..."
We all leave as soon as we can. All we wanted to do was party, we don't want to potentially go to jail for something we didn't do.

*at the football memorial/game the next day*

"Thank you all for coming to his tragic day. In honor of Taylor's death I have written a poem just for her." Samantha starts reading her poem on the football field. Taylor's huge picture was right beside her with a bunch of flowers and letters laying right below.
"Okay, so the plan is, during halftime when Grayson is in the field drinking water or whatever, you're gonna walk to the football field and ask him to dance with you at the dance." Kristal says as we are all sitting at the bleachers.
"Are you sure this is a good idea? I'm kinda nervous." I say rubbing my elbow slowly.
"It's your last chance. Tonight is the dance" Morgan says
"Don't worry, we'll go with you to keep you calm." Kristal says
"Hey" Samantha's creeps up on us from behind. What does she want?
"Thank you for being here, it would've meant... a bit to Taylor."
"We're not here for her but go off" I say
"I just can't imagine who killed her. She said she needed to go somewhere and before you knew it she was dead." Samantha grabs a napkin from her purse and whips her tears away.
"I thought you did everything with her. How did you let her out of your sight?" Morgan says
"Yeah well I needed to use the restroom."
"I thought you did that together too."

"Jayden I think it's halftime! Let's go." Kristal rushes towards the football field.
"Kristal Wait!" I yell at her.

next chapter...