close doors

Continued...

"Psst, Over here. Do you wanna see sumthin?"

Jayden POV

I turn around and he Nathan standing outside his bedroom. "Oh hey Nathan... are you okay...?" I ask him in a low tone. "Yeah, I just need to show you something, follow me inside." He says with a smirk on his face. I clear my throat as I slowly follow him into his room.

Marks POV

"Alright here it is!" I come back to the living room walking very carefully trying not to drop the cake. I look up and notice Jayden isn't sitting down anymore. "Jayden...? Where did you go?" I say placing the cake down desperately looking for him.

"Aww Nathan you are so adorable, I just wanna punch your cute cheeks" I hear Jayden from afar in another room. Oh god... I try not to jump to conclusions as I'm sure there are many reason why Jayden would say such a thing... right? This can't be good, I knew Nathan would do something like this. I rush towards the door and slam it open like an angry dad would and yell "what's going on in he-" I see both of them looking confused at me. Now I'm starting to get confused.

"Ummm Nathan was just showing me one of his baby pictures. Isn't he adorable?" Jayden says as Nathan blushes and scratches the back of his head.

"Oh I thought you were doing something else..." I get embarrassed for making such a dramatic entrance like that. Now Jayden really thinks I'm insane.

"Damn lil bro, you need to chill out." He chuckles.

I start getting mad at him. I wish I could just punch his face right now.

"Well it was fun thanks for having me over you guys but I should be leaving now." Jayden says.

My heart sinks down at the fact that I couldn't do anything about convincing Jayden to fall in love with me. Or at least have a bit of feelings for me.

"Wait but you never told us why you moved in with... Grayson..." Nathan says.

"Oh, well umm, you see- I uhhh.... it's a long story I'll tell you another day."

"Is everything okay?" I say concerned.

"Yeah! Everything is fine. I'll see you guys some other time. Cya!" He says as he leaves the front door.

"Wait you forgot your... cake." And he's gone.

"Just forget it." Mark says

"MARK I HATE YOU! I KNEW YOU WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

Jayden POV
After a couple hours of catching up, I finally head back to Grayson's place, where it's much more peaceful and comfortable. Not saying that I didn't enjoy seeing them again, it's just... well... we met in high school and they've always seemed to try to compete over me which creeped me out a bit. I thought they would've changed since then but I still felt the same tension as I did back in high school. They're really nice don't get me wrong, they just need to stop trying to win me over, or whatever they're goal is.

Grayson's POV
"Hey gray im back." Jayden says closing the door behind him and throws this jacket on couch. "How'd it go?" I asked while scrolling through my phone. "Eh- could've been worse. Where's Mae?" He looks around realizing she isn't in the kitchen like she always is. "She went with her friends somewhere. She said it's a top secret meeting, whatever the fuck that means." I says letting out a laugh. "Oh okay..." He giggled.
"Jayden, can I ask you something?" I look at him and place my phone on the table. "yeah...?" he says with a shaky voice. "Do you know who I am?" I say. He draws his brows together and tilts his head slightly. "What do you mean? Of course I do, we went to high school together." He says. "No but like, if we didn't go to high school together, would you still know who I was?"
"I don't know! Why are you asking me this?!" Jayden raises his voice. I begin getting a bit annoyed that i'm not getting my point clear. I sigh. "I just- I've noticed that you don't act like everyone eles does around me." I say looking back down at my lap. "What do you mean?" he says. I might as well just say it... "You know I'm a Youtuber right?" I look back up at him. "Oh yeah I heard you talk about making a video on your Youtube channel a couple days ago. That's cool; but why do you ask?" he says. So... he didn't know that I was a Youtuber before that? Woah... so all this time... all the nice things he said about me were true. He wasn't just been nice to me just cause I'm celebrity. He meant it.
I smile and let out a small chuckle. "Nevermind..." I pause, "Would you wanna go out with me to the mall or the movies or something? As friends." I say. My giant smile still hasn't left my face. "W-what?! But uhh what about Mae? What if she's comes back and we're not home? I don't think we should..." He says.
Normally I would give in and cancel plans but I'm one arrogant motherfucker. "Oh come on! Mae is a smart girl. C'mon please. I'll buy you whatever you like, I just wanna get to know each other more. Or at least get out of this house for a bit" I insist.
"Fine" he smiles back at me.

*

We're at the mall and I follow Jayden around as he runs around the store picking out clothes like a little boy eager to open his presents on christmas day. I follow as I watch him happily roaming around the clothes store trying out a bunch of outfits in front of the mirror. I lean against the wall with my arms cross. A smile appears on my face just watching him struggle trying to find clothes that look good on him. Not sure why he try's so hard though, he has a nice small body. Anything will look good on him. "Grayson, which sweatshirt looks better? The one with the tiger or the red plaid one?" He says holding both sweatshirts. "I like the red one." "Alright thanks" he says. "Hey by the way, not trying to rush you but how much longer do you think we'll be here for. We've been here for almost an hour." I say before she rushes away. "Not that long, I'm almost done." He says. I nod at him. I enjoy watching him be happy. It always puts a smile on my face seeing him like this, after what he's been through... he doesn't deserve anymore pain. As much as I enjoy watching him get all excited, I'm starting to get hungry as fuck. 

*

"Wait so you've never learned how to ride a bike?!" Jayden laughs as he twirls his fork buried in his plate of fettuccine.
"Yeah yeah whatever. What about you? What are your hobbies?" I ask. He starts to squirm nervously in his seat. "Well... my life isn't that interesting comparing to yours..." He says with his head down. "Don't say that. This is the reason why we came here in the first place. To get to know each other more." I say. "fine..." he pauses "I like reading, drawing, and i also really enjoy photography too. Ever since you introduced me to building random stuff in your backyard I've really enjoyed that too."
"Our backyard" I corrected him. "Huh?" Jayden questions. "It's your house too ya know" I side smile and continue eating my last bite of lobster. "Oh right... sorry i'm just not use to call it mine." he softly smiles looking down at his food. It feel so good having an actual human interaction with someone who isn't a fan of mine. I've missed this feeling. "Hey so uhh you ready to go? There's this carnival near by that I've wanted to go to."
"Oh yeah sounds like fun." Jayden says.

*

Jayden's POV
When we arrived at the carnival we were amazed at the size of it. It felt like a theme park. We were introduced to the smell of popcorn and cotton candy. Although we barley finish eating, Grayson insisted to buy us some snacks which I obviously said yes. We went on multiple rides which made me vomit as Grayson stood there crying of laughter. Later on Grayson played one of those rigged carnival games where you have to knock over all the cardboard ducks with a beanbag to win the huge teddy bear. After many attempts later Grayson got fed up with the game so he grabbed the teddy bear anyways and told me to run. We both flea away as the guy who worked there chased us down yelling "Hey! Get back here!" A rush of thrill and excitement scattered across my body knowing what we did wasn't right. "I never knew Grayson was so rebellious." I thought to myself. I looked back and noticed the guy wasn't the only person chasing us. Three teenage girls who couldn't stop yelling Grayson's name were also chasing us. "Who are they? Do they know him?" I wondered. When I faced my head back forwards I felt a heavy grip around wrist and and strong pull. Before I knew it, Grayson covers my mouth as we hide behind a wall and watch them all continue running until we don't see them no more. He lets out a hiccup laugh then another "hyuk, hyuk" till we both can't contain ourselves and burst out laughing. "Let's get outta here" he says as a couple chuckles escape his lips.

*

When we got back in his car the sun has completely disappeared. We sit there in silence as I hear he heavy breathing. "wow" he says.
"How was that? Did you enjoy it?" he turn his head over and ask me. "Are you kidding? That was amazing! It felt like my high school dream I've always wanted to experience."
He smiles. "I'm glad... we should head back home before Mae wonders where we are." he says and starts the car.

The end.