heartbeat

Grayson's POV

Whatever, it's already 1:00 pm

Whatever, it's already 1:00 pm. I guess I should start to head down now. I finally got the balls to go greet everyone downstairs but a couple seconds later I hear Mae rushing back upstairs, screaming "GRAYSON GRAYSON GRAYSON!" in a shaky voice. She has a fright in her face as if she's about to burst out crying. My heart nearly dropped when I saw her like this as my mind fills with million possible scenarios that could've occurred. She hugs me tightly as I knell down and hold her in my arms trying not to panic. I feel her trembling in fear and her little heart races uncontrollably. Once she settled down a bit, I finally ask her "What happened?"

Jayden's POV
"What do you mean you don't know?" she says.
"Well, i've never been in an actual relationship before so I'm not sure if we're still together or not."
"When was the last time you talked to him?"

**"I didn't know that it was gonna make it worse!"
"Why couldn't you just shut your mouth?!" Grayson shouts in rage.
"I'm sorry I-"
Grayson snatches my phone from my hands and breaks it then proceeds to smash it on the wall. He continues to stomp on it using his left foot over and over, shattering the phone into tiny pieces. "Grayson-"
"SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR DAMN LIFE! IF YOU TALK ONE MORE TIME I SWEAT TO GOD I'LL PUNCH YOU IN YOUR THROAT!"**

"I don't remember..."

Me and Kristal have been walking around the third floor for about 10 minutes now and I never realize how huge it is without all the people dancing or whatever.
She mentioned Grayson which I frankly don't wanna talk about at the moment. Although he's the only person I think about...
We're aware that we're not allowed to be up here but I already got an excuse and everything just in case we get caught. We find ourselves in this really long hallway with with many white wooden doors.
"Should we enter a room?" Kristal asked.
Before I could reply, we both hear loud thumping footsteps rushing towards us. Whoever it was pushed us inside the room we are about to enter and covered our mouths. I was completely terrified. It turns out the room we were going to originally enter was small janitors closet. I slowly raised my head up and was shocked when i saw that it was Grayson. I removed his hand off of my mouth "Grayson?" I say. "shhh"
"What's going on?" Kristal whispers.
He peaks out the the small window from the door looking worried which caused me to get a bit concerned. "There is a shooter inside the building."
both me a kristal gasp in disbelief. "You two need to stay completely quiet. I'll be back."
"Wait, where are you going?" I grab his wrist tightly like a scared little girl begging for her dad to stay to protect her.
"I need to warn everyone." he says. He looks at me and pauses. He comes up to me and gives me a hard kiss on my lips then turns around, slowly leaving the closet... shutting the door behind him.
We stayed silent for about a good 4 minutes in complete shock before we could say anything.
"How long do you think we'll be in here?" kristal whispers as she peaks her head at the window to make sure the shooter isn't close by.
"I'm not sure..." i reply back.
A couple seconds later I hear my phone buzz from my pocket. "shhh!"
I quickly turn my phone on silent with a shaky hand, hoping that the shooter wasn't close enough to hear it. I look down to see who was calling me.
"Ethan?"
I hesitate in answering. "Oh shit! That's him?!" Kristal quietly says. I was too afraid to look so just I slowly crouch down trying not to panic. I look at Kristal, she looks at me back and tightly holds my hand. We stayed silent until we finally hear his footsteps disappearing into the distance. Kristal once again slowly looks out making sure he's no longer in sight.
"Jayden we need to get out of here!" she says in a panic. "Are you crazy? Grayson told us to stay here. It's not safe." I say attempting to settle her down. "I know I know, but I just can't take it in here any longer. We need to leave before he finds us."
Oh god... I was afraid something like this was gonna happen. I don't want to risk us getting killed by some crazy old man. "We should just stay here, i'm pretty sure someone already called the police, they should be here any minute." I say, once again trying to convince her to stay put.
She clearly wasn't giving in and continued insisting for us to leave. She was getting too loud and I was afraid of the killer coming back and hearing her so I agreed to leave. I know it was dumb of me to go with her poorly thought out plan, but to be honest... I'm also afraid that the killer might find us in here, and murder us.
"Fine." I said quietly. Kristal placed her hand on the door knob and then paused. She laid her ear on the door once again to hear if he was close by before continuing to open the door. She gripped on to the knob and turned it slowly, avoiding any creaks. No matter how slow she opened it, the door still made a couple unsettling creaks. We held hands as we quietly exited the room. I felt my heart raise knowing that the killer might find us. Once we made it out of the that horrendous hallway, we turned the corner only to find the killer pointing his gun directly at Grayson.
"Grayson!" I rushed towards him but Kristal immediately pushed me back trying not to get us caught. She held me down as we stood their quietly. I felt instant tear drops running down my face at the sight of him.
Wait a minute... looking at the shooter from a clear angle... the shooter looked oddly familiar... I whipped my eyes to see clearly.
"dad?!" I worded

"Dude, I can explain. Just put the gun down."Grayson says while raising his arms up. We both peak around the corner to see what was going on. Yet again, more tear ran down my face. "Kristal... that's my dad." I softly said. She looked at me in shocked but didn't say anything back.
"Let me go, I need to help Grayson." I say giving all my effort to his rescue. She held me tighter in her arms so I won't squirm away. "shut up." she says.

"You were the one that kidnapped my own son and made him into a faggot like you!" He growls.

Moans escaped my lips through the suppressed sound of hiccups as I helplessly watch my boyfriend getting tortured by my dad. Kristal places her hand on my mouth to quiet me down.

"Just put the gun down and we could talk about this." Grayson says calmly.
"You really believe that talking will settle this?" He chuckles "What's there to talk about? You took my son away from me and turned him into one of you. Faggots like you should be put down... which is exactly what I'm going to do." he continues pointing the gun sharply at Grayson.
"I was just trying to protect him from you."
"Shut the fuck up! Don't you dare tell me how to raise my child!"
"If you want to shoot me... then go ahead. Just remember, if you do shoot me... you're going to have to face the consequences of going to prison and losing your family which will probably miss you. And all for what? Getting revenge on a guy who cared too much about your son to see him get beaten up by his own father? I've taken many sacrifices for him, so if you wanna shoot me, then do it. Just remember all the things you're leaving behind."

"... See you in hell, faggot" His hand grew shaky as he continues pointing the gun at him. A long uncomfortable silence occurred as they both stood in the same position. My moans grew louder as more and more tears came pouring out.
We hear the police men busting down the door from down stairs and rushing up to our level.
"Grayson!" Mae comes out from a room behind him and runs towards him, extending both her arms out. And just like a heartbeat, before I could even blink... Grayson was laying on the floor.
"GRAYSON!!!" My tender body fell to the floor, screaming my lungs out as constant teardrops filled my eyes. It's like my whole life crumbled onto pieces right before my eyes. The gun shots that was once the pain to my emotions suddenly faded out into low, soft mumbles that got washed away with the winds that took away my entire life from the palm of my hands. My eyes closed... separating the barrier between me, and the frightful experience with the persons I have learned to love and appreciate the most throughout my entire. A collage of bright colorful memories circled my entire head, forcefully having to experience past events with person who I strongly loved... Those bright colorful memories I once saw in my past, transformed into black and white images that will haunt me for the rest of my life. I have came to a realization that everything I once had is now gone... so what's the point of continuing on...

Five months later

Several flashing lights aimed towards me as the men behind the loud flashing cameras all talked over one another in desperate for answers...
"Jayden, Jayden! The media has been begging to know if Grayson Dolan made it out alive that night, as there is no official confirmation of his death yet." one of the man says while the others waited for a response.
"... No. Unfortunately... he did not make it. That will be all the questions I will answer tonight. Goodnight."

the end.