17 - Take Responsible

CHOI BEOMGYU

*knock* *knock*

I immediately stood up from my bed and went outside as soon as I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door and saw Soobin standing outside my apartment.

"Beomgyu, are you okay?" He looked at me worriedly. I didn't answer him instead, I just stare at him and let him in.

"I'll stay the night with you, kay?" He pats my head as I nodded. He put his bag in the living room while we sat down on the sofa.

"are you sad that Chaeyeon doesn't want to see you?" He asked as I nodded. He pulled me into a hug and comfort me.

"b-but i can't blame her for it.." I cried as he caressed my back. After a while, we both broke the hug. Soobin said, "aren't you going to tell your parents? at least your mom. they both need to know what happens, don't you think?"

"should i?" 

"of course. after all, they're your parents. they're the only ones who can help you," I nodded at his words.

"take the call on your bedroom. i'll make some dinner for the both of us," I nodded as he pats my back. I stood up and walked towards my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

I sat down on the bed and took my phone, searching for my mom's contact. I took a deep breath and erased my tears before dialing her.

"Eo, Beomgyu-ah? Why did you call?" She said with a happy tone which made me guilty.

"Geunyang.." I tried not to sound hoarse.

"What happened to you? why is your voice like that? did you just cry?" She said worriedly.

"Eomma.." I began crying again.

"why? why? what happened?"

"mianhae eomma.."

"mwoga mianhae?"

"I broke up with Chaeyeon when I'm not supposed to.."

"Chaeyeon is your girlfriend? why are you not supposed to break up with her?"

"because—" I cried, I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth.

"why? what happened to her?"

"she's pregnant." I cried as I heard her gasped from the other line. She must've been so shocked to hear this.

"w-what happened.." I heard her sobbing quietly, trying not to make it obvious.

"it's my fault eomma.."

She took a deep breath before saying, "so, what are you going to do next?"

"i-i don't know.. i couldn't reach her, she doesn— she doesn't want to see me,"

"for now, just try your best to reach her and talk things out okay? I-I need to hang up because something came up. I'll call you later?"

"Ne eomma."

Call Ended.

I sighed deeply as I put my phone back on the nightstand. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. "Can I come in?" Soobin asked as I let him. He brought 2 cups of ramyeon with him. He sat down next to me and hand me a cup of ramyeon.

"gomawo."

"eat up," he smiled.

"how's it? have you told her?"

I sighed and nodded. "she seemed shocked.."

"aigoo, of course. she's worried about you." 

"how about your dad? did you tell him?"

"ani, he hasn't come home so I only told my mom. She said that she'll call me later."

‧̍̊˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙  ˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙‧̍̊

3RD PERSON

meanwhile...

Mrs. Choi cried after she hanging up with her child. She can't believe that he did that. She felt like her whole world has collapsed. She regretted for everything she couldn't do for him.

Not long after, Mr. Choi came home from his work.

"I'm home— Yeobo? Why are you crying? Did something happened?" He ran to his wife, kneeling down while hugging her. She cried louder while Mr. Choi could only caress her back to comfort her.

"why? tell me what happened?" He was getting worried as his wife suddenly cried.

"Beomgyu make her girlfriend pregnant." His eyes widened as he heard the sudden news from Mrs. Choi.

"m-mwo? tell me, it's not true right? yeobo!!"

"it's true.."

"aish that kid— why should he cause a big trouble," He cried too.

"don't only blame him. It's our fault too.. We can't be there for him," Mrs. Choi sobbed.

"but then what should we do to the girl?" She asked.

"he should be responsible for his actions. that's the only thing we could do."

"but they're still 18.."

"i know, but we can't do anything else.."

After a while, they both calm down and decided to call Beomgyu again.

‧̍̊˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙  ˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙‧̍̊

CHOI BEOMGYU

"Your mom's calling again," Soobin told me as he picked up my phone from the bed and hand it to me.

"Soobin-ah.. I'm scared. I think it's my dad." I looked at him.

"Gwaenchanha, just answer the call. Should I go out—" before he could finish his sentences, I immediately answer, "no. please stay."

He nodded and gestured me to take the call. I bit my lip as I pressed the answer button. I held the phone and put it on speaker.

"keep calm," Soobin mouthed as I take a deep breath and exhale it slowly.

"y-yeobose—"

"CHOI BEOMGYU!! HOW COULD YOU— DO YOU NOT WANT TO LIVE?! DO YOU NOT WANT TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAM?!" My dad shouted as soon as I answered the call. I closed my eyes and let my tears roll down my cheek.

"Yeobo!! Geumanhae!!"

Soobin caressed my back while reassure me to reply to him. "mianhae appa.."

"what are you going to do now?" my dad asked. 

"i don't know..."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW?! DID I RAISE YOU LIKE THAT?!"

I let out a deep sigh and let my tears out.

"Choi Beomgyu, you should be responsible!! If you chose not to, don't ever come back home."

"YEOBO—" Mom's voice was cut off as dad end the call. Soobin hugged me as I cried out loud.

"your dad's right, you should take responsibility."

"what should I do? She doesn't want to talk to me," I cried. "Just gave her the time she needs to calm herself down," Soobin gave a bit of advice.