14 - Regret

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

regret.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

CHOI BEOMGYU

"Should I or should I not? Aish.. it's making me crazy.." I ruffled my hair in frustration. "I don't even know if I like her or not. But if I don't end this, I'll lose the game. My game." I talked to myself.

I stood up in front of a mirror and said to myself, "It's okay, Gyu. It's a game after all, right? You'll need to end your game." After convincing myself, I took my phone and texted Chaeyeon.

Beomgyu
Are you free today? Can we meet up?
I need to tell you something

Chaeyeon
Sure I'm free.

Beomgyu
Get ready, I'll pick you up in 15 minutes
See you.

I wore my cap and took my phone and key car with me. I got out of my apartment and walked towards the parking lot. I turned on the engine and drove off to Chaeyeon's apartment.

‧̍̊˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙  ˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙‧̍̊

We decided to just stop at a cafe and talk there. We get our orders and not long after, it came.

"I have something to tell you." I was surprised when we say it at the same time, so was she. "Uh.. you can say it first.." She said as she slurped her drinks and looked around the cafe.

I sighed before saying, "Let's break up." She looked at me in disbelief. "You know it's all just a game from the start, I've been targeting people. You know all of that. I'm sorry but I never love you." I said and somehow my heart hurts. 

'what's wrong with me?  I've never felt this pain when I said it'

"If you thought I've fully changed, sorry but I've never changed," I said which made my heart hurts even more. 

She took a deep breath and asked, "Everything's just for show?" I replied, "Yes."

She shed a tear and took her purse before leaving. "Why am I feeling this way?" I run my fingers through my hair, feeling frustrated. I paid for the whole thing before leaving. Instead of driving back home, I decided to calm myself down first so I drove to a quiet park.

I sat down on the grass and took my phone out of my pocket. I decided to call Yeonjun and he picks it up.

"Why did you call me?"

"We broke up."

"..."

"Don't call me ever again."

"Yeon-"

Before I could say anything, he hangs up. I tried calling the others but they weren't answering. I think Yeonjun told them not to pick up my calls. I laid down on the grass while looking up at the stars.

"I think I've messed up.."

"I do love her.."

‧̍̊˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙  ˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙‧̍̊

I drove back to my apartment and when I was about to walk inside the building I saw Hueningkai standing there.

"Hyung.." He called out. "What are you doing here.." I sniffled. 

"To check you out. Let's talk inside your place," He said as I nodded and we walked upstairs to my unit.

"Why did you broke up with her? You're so in love with her," He looked sad.

"I thought that I should end the game to became the true winner, I know I've messed up." I leaned back on the sofa and closed my eyes.

"You both are so in love, you should've realized it sooner.." Hueningkai said. "Yeah, I should've. I'm regretting things now. I don't know what to do.." Tears are flowing out of my eyes.

‧̍̊˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙  ˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙‧̍̊

JUNG CHAEYEON

"Let's break up."

It was the word I didn't want to hear the most from him, but he said it. No matter how much I want to deny and believe it, but he really said it. I thought he changed, for me. I thought he really loved me. It's all fake..

"You know it's all just a game from the start, I've been targeting people. You know all of that. I'm sorry but I never love you."

"If you thought I've fully changed, sorry but I've never changed." Every time he spoke up, it stabbed my heart. I feel like a fool, moreover after what happened. I feel so stupid for loving him and let him use me.

I took a deep breath and asked, "Everything's just for show?" which made me even more heartbroken is he answered it right away, without even thinking.

"Yes."

I couldn't hold back my tears, they flow out of my eyes making my cheeks wet. I ran outside the cafe and called Ryujin.

"Ryujin..."

"I'll be there right away."

"Please come fast.."

I hold my chest tightly, it hurts so fucking much. Soon Ryujin came with Lia on the backseat. I entered the car and burst out crying.

"I thought he loved me.. I feel so stupid," I cried as Lia hugged me and pats my back. She said, "You're not okay, he's the one who's stupid. He let's go a precious girl like you. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll regret it."

When we get back to the apartment, Yeonjun, Soobin, and Taehyun were there. Yeonjun immediately hugged me and said, "Don't worry, we've got your back okay.."

"Thanks, guys.." I sniffled.

‧̍̊˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙  ˙˚˙ᵕ꒳ᵕ˙˚˙‧̍̊

KANG TAEHYUN

After visiting Chaeyeon noona, the 3 of us left and Yeonjun hyung was furious. "Let's go to Beomgyu right now," He said angrily.

"No, not today. You'll mess up everything," Soobin prevents him from punching things around him.

"Yeonjun! Stop! Please!" I yelled.

"Fine.. but he'll have to face me on Monday.." Yeonjun hyung said as he went inside the car.

"At least we could hold him up for 2 days.." Soobin said as I nod. I said, "But he'll blow up on Monday, that's for sure.."