Nine ⚠️

After the chat with her friends, the next few weeks Effie couldn't help but think about Malfoy, what he was doing, who he was with, if he was thinking about her.

She often caught herself staring at him in class or in the great hall, he was so reserved but so painfully handsome, she just wanted to grab him, kiss him, touch him. She wanted him to want her but ever since their last encounter Effie and the blonde haired boy had made no contact whatsoever.

Until today.

Effie sat in double potions in the afternoon, having just had such a good day with her friends, but it all stopped when Snape announced that they were going to be making one of the hardest potions there were, draught of peace.

Today's lesson was different than usual, usually the class would be put into pairs, but since this years exams were most important everyone would be working individually, the first task was to collect the correct ingredients so everyone headed to the back of the room to try and find them.

Potions was Effie's favourite class, she already had a good idea of what she had to collect, by the looks of it so did Malfoy, while the rest of the class were heading to the wrong part of the room she slipped over to collect some Womping Willow leaves.

While she was examining the cabinets full of ingredients, she felt someone brush behind her trying to get past, and she knew the smell of that aftershave anywhere, Malfoy, trying to squeeze past the rest of the students to get back to his desk, but why— she asked herself— did he have to place his hand subtly round her waist as he did so  and why did he have to come incredibly close brushing his— package against her back side.

She felt shivers go down her spine, and before she could even turn round and say anything, once again he was gone like a flash of lighting, sitting back at his desk with his head down as if that hadn't just happened, she tried her hardest for the rest of the dreaded double period not to look over in his direction.

As the class soon ended which meant the day was over, Effie headed back to her dorm to get changed before dinner, well that's what she thought.

She walked along the corridor alone, taking her time after that intense double potions class. All of a sudden she felt someone grab her wrist and pull her into an unused classroom. Of course it was him— it was always him, what was he playing at?

"Malfoy what—"

"Just shut the fuck up." He hissed as he slammed her back into the classroom door and locked it.

"I'm sorry." She scoffed in confusing— trying to figure out who he actually thought he was talking to.

"That's right— you should be apologising to me." He sneered back at her, getting incredibly close.

She let out a laugh. "And what would I be apologising to you for?"

"For trying to fucking tease me back in class." He snapped.

Was Draco Malfoy deluded?

She actually couldn't believe that this was the boy who had been running rings around her mind for the past few months.

"I think you'll actually find it was you who was brushing up against me, and for your information Malfoy. I'm. Not. Interested." She whispered.

Once again lying to him and lying to herself— to tell the truth she was, she was more interested in him than she ever had been in anyone in her life, in fact he was the only boy that she'd ever found herself interested in, and she never understood why. They'd never got along, they'd never even been able to string a conversation together that didn't include some sort of insult. They were an absolute joke, she hated herself for being interested in him, it was exactly what he wanted and she was so determined not to give him what he wanted.