Twenty Four

The days started to really drag in, the decision of where to live drooped over Effie worse than a shadow, and she was still no closer to deciding, if only she could just stay at Hogwarts for the whole year, that would just make life so much easier.

I know what your thinking, why wouldn't she want to just live with her mother?

She was thinking the same question, but she always came to the same conclusion. If the Dark Lord wasn't a major factor in this equation, things would be very different, she would be jumping at the opportunity to live with her mother.

Draco had been more than supportive, throwing into a few conversations that the pair of them should just run away, instead of having to deal with all of this, but Effie knew he was joking— plus, running away never solved any problems, it only made them worse.

It was Saturday morning, a beautiful day. The sun was splitting, Effie lay in bed curled up on Malfoy's chest as he stroked her forehead. It was moments like this she cherished.

She never thought in a million years she would ever be laying here like this with Malfoy after the way they used to be around each other.

"We have dinner tonight, mother said to dress nice. I think it's a sort of meeting." He broke the blissful silence in the room.

"If it's a meeting, then why would we be there?" She quizzed, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Well it's dinner as well— plus I think your forgetting something." He sort of mumbled looking down at his arm, still stained with the dark mark which Effie had completely forgotten about for a moment.

It was hard to not forget, Draco wasn't a death eater, maybe physically, but never mentally, he was the sweetest most innocent boy Effie had ever met, besides in the bedroom department, he wasn't a bad person.

He was just a boy, a boy who didn't have a choice. A boy who would have done anything for her. A boy who sacrificed his own freedom for her, the only girl he'd ever loved.

"Sorry— forgot." She shrugged, slightly giggling in embarrassment.

"You don't have to apologise. At least I know that's not what you think of me." He pulled her in closer to him, with a caring smile on his face, his eyes closed as he took in the scent of passion fruit from her copper hair.

"It's just a mark Draco— you're more than just a mark." She whispered, squeezing him tighter.

The pair were still trying to get used to actually being together, it was a big difference going from basically hating each other for years to being in a relationship, but they were working at it and so far doing good.

~*~

After a long day of trying to figure out an outfit to wear to dinner, Effie finally decided on a simple emerald green silk dress which hugged her curves perfectly, sometimes she would forget she actually had a figure due to the fact that she always wore baggy hoodies and T-shirt's, and for the last over a month she has been living in Draco's joggers.

She was finally ready, and she looked stunning as ever. Green was definitely her colour, it just complimented her skin tone and hair colour extravagantly.

As soon as she stepped out of the bathroom, Draco's jaw practically hit the floor, a loud gasp escaped his mouth, if his eyes got any wider there was no promise his eyeballs wouldn't pop out the sockets.

"You look—" he paused, for a good minute, just eyeing her up and down with such list in his eyes. "You look fucking phenomenal Effie."