dude, failing and deceivers

"Oh come on Mr

"Oh come on Mr. Richards, a 65?" I was the last one in the class and he wasn't letting me get passed on my grade this time.

"That's not my fault (Y/n), you're the one who isn't being responsible with your time and grades. You need to prioritize your school work over everything else." He handed me a sheet of paper. I looked down at it and sighed. "I know juggling football, school, and a social life is hard, but sometimes we just have to focus on the things that really matter. Are these grades going to make you into a college? No, right? So during this next game that you aren't playing, bring up your grade in my class and you'll be fine."

I nodded my head and stood up while putting my backpack around me, "Well I won't be able to get this signed." I held up the paper to him and he sighed.

"And why is that?"

"Well-I uh..." I was scared to say anything about my home life to a teacher who was failing me, but this could help with the grade, so why not? "I'm not on speaking terms with my father. He kicked me out, so I live somewhere else."

He nodded his head slowly and looked at me, "Alright. You don't have to get it signed, but you're still not playing this following game."

Well shit. "Yes sir, thank you." I started to walk out the classroom when he stopped me.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes sir?"

"Don't give up on yourself, you can do it. You just have to be determined." He gave me a slight smile and now it was my turn to nod my head.

"Thanks Mr.Richards, have a good day." He smiled as I walked out the class, I was angry. Not at Mr. Richards, mainly at myself especially because now I was going to hear it at practice and I won't be able to play.

>

Don't hesitate, "Coach, can we talk?"

He turned around and smiled as I stood there, but once he realized it was me his face grew stern, "(Y/l/n), I heard from your teacher."

"Yeah, about that-"

"No game, you need to study and raise the grade to at least a 73. Then I'll let you play." He looked away from me and waved over Christian to come over to us.

"Christian is top 10 percent in your guys' class, why doesn't he help you out? Don't y'all live together?" I looked over at Christian shocked as I had never heard about his, I had never even seen him do his homework, so this was new.

"Yeah that'd be a great idea." I agreed as I gave Christian a stern look and he just smiled at me.

"Great so for now on before you play again, you can come to the games, wear your jersey, and help me out." He looked at his clipboard and looked over the names as he spoke.

"Like a manager?"

"Yeah, what's so bad about that?"

"The girls who are managers and trainers only do that so they can get attention, please don't make me look bad-"