dude, the new player

"Hell no! He's from Samson High!" Christian yelled as we were all in practice and coach was telling us the news

"Hell no! He's from Samson High!" Christian yelled as we were all in practice and coach was telling us the news. "Coach that's our enemy."

"He had no choice guys, just be welcoming. And help him around the school, (Y/l/n) we need to talk." He motioned over to me and I walked over as I took off my helmet.

"What?" He crossed his arms and looked at me sternly, "The new kid is going to be getting your spot." I felt the anger in me build up. "Christian will still be there, but he's taking over your spot."

"Unbelievable. Just unbelievable." I shook my head and sighed, "Why do you do this to me? I'm your best player and you keep doing this!" I started yelling with the last sentence which brought the guys' attention to me and coach. "You keep fucking doing this and it sucks! It's because I'm the best and everyone knows that, everyone knows that I was the top player since middle school, but you don't like to accept that because you are a big ass bitch!" I gasped as I finished the last sentence and felt the stares on me more than ever, "I'm sorry." I said under my breath.

He didn't give me an expression, no feelings, nothing. "You're benched next game."

I wiped the tears off my face quickly and felt my fists clench up, "Okay." I had to suck in my pride because if I didn't I wouldn't stay on the team and I would be done for. I should've been done for but he knew I was right. I walked away and carried my helmet with me. Vinnie stared at me as I sat down on the bench, Christian was already beside me with his helmet off and I felt myself feel dull, maybe even numb. I didn't want to talk, but Vinnie interrupted my silence. "What the hell was that about?"

"Leave me alone Vin."

"No, tell me. Why'd you yell at coach like that?!"

"Stop."

"OH MY GOD, you're acting so stupid and childish Romo." He said as he brushed back his hair. I got up from the bench and looked at him. We were close and I wasn't going to let him call me that especially because he was defending the one person he didn't really know. I felt my hand raise, it swiped across my body and then I felt the pins burning in my hand as I felt the contact with Vinnie's face.

"I said to leave me alone."

He looked at me kind of shocked but then clenched his jaw and went back with the rest of the guys as I stayed there feeling all the pain in my hand but not wanting to show emotion. I sat down next to Christian, "Was that necessary? He's our best friend."

"He wouldn't shut up."

He sighed and stood up, "Whatever, see you later."

>

I watched as they practiced, as my skin wasn't filled with sweat and I still had my gear on. They were running offense drills and running a lot, so maybe it was okay. I sat there, just me and my silence, yeah no it wasn't alright. I wanted to run with the guys and do drills, and make coach say "Good play (Y/l/n)!" I wanted it all, but I didn't have it right now.

"Is this the varsity football practice?" I heard from behind me and put my elbow on my knee while balancing my head on my hand.

"Yeah." I stared as they all practiced and felt someone sit next to me. I looked over and saw a tall guy sitting there. I looked back at the guys and he spoke up, "I didn't know they had a girl on their team."

"Yeah, well I'm benched right now. Some stupid bitch is going to play with us from Samson High and now coach replaced me."

"Well that sucks."

"Yeah."

"What's your name?" He asked as he put his hand out for me to shake. "(Y/n), you?" I shook his hand and he smiled, "Stupid bitch, but only according to you."

My eyes widened and I put my hand to my mouth, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I was just angry."

"That's alright, I'm Evan, and I didn't know I was going to take someone's spot."

"Yeah me either."

"Molina!" He looked over at coach who yelled out to him, "C'mon!" He got up and ran over to the team with his Nike air forces creasing with every step he took. He shook hands with coach and I saw the rest of the guys there with crossed arms and serious expressions. No welcoming looks there.

New player, new attitude, new personality, and a new opponent.

>

"Did you do the homework?" Christian asked as we were all laying down in my room.

"Nope." I said as I continued to scribble on my notebook. "Vinnie?"

He shook his head no and continued to look down at his paper. He wasn't talking to me at all, just Christian and Evan, who was now rocking back and forth in my chair. "Okay come on Vin, she was angry at the moment and you were pushing it."

"Fine, I'm sorry Romo." He said with a mocking attitude.

"Dude, do it seriously."

He rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry Romo, now apologize for slapping me."

I huffed and looked into Vinnie's eyes, "I'm sorry for slapping you Vin, I was just mad at coach I shouldn't have took it out on you."

"Okay good. Now Vinnie, (Y/n) did you guys do the homework?" I passed him my paper and Vinnie hit him with the pillow, "You knew she did her homework, that's why you wanted us to make up?"

He looked at both of us and started laughing, "No, never."

I hit him in the back of the head which made him laugh more. I laid down on my bed and rolled myself over to my stomach. "So Evan, where are you from?"

"Oh my family and I moved here from-uh..." He paused and looked uneasy.

"It's okay Evan, you can tell us."

He was still indecisive but he spoke, "We moved here from Cuba, but some of us don't have papers. I've been living here for about two years, that's when I started playing football."

"That's actually cool, do people in Cuba play American football?" Christian asked while copying down my answers on his paper.

"No." He said as he fiddled with his finger.

"So you just started playing football two years ago?" Vinnie asked and Evan nodded his head. We all looked at each other with shocked faces. "How the hell are you so good?"

I laughed at how Vinnie was acting and Evan looked at me and shrugged. His eyes had a gleam as he laughed with us. They were regular brown eyes like Christian, I guess Vinnie was just blessed with nice green eyes as I was with (y/e/c) ones.

"Welcome to the team Evan." I said with a bright smile.

"Yeah welcome to Dickson High, a hell for the entitled brats of Dickson county." Christian said which made us all laugh. And as I looked at all of them laughing, I remembered our little moments because I didn't want to forget anything.