dude, it's the end

He was holding onto my hand tightly as we sat in the car

He was holding onto my hand tightly as we sat in the car. A parking lot behind us and lots of things to think about. It was the night of Vinnie's and Christian's graduation, and we were both staring at the park in front of us. All you could hear was the breathing from us both, but it was a nice comfortable silence and I was just happy that Vinnie was next to me. "How does it feel to be out of high school?"

He looked over to me and smiled, "It feels great, especially because I know what's coming in the future." He leaned closer to me as the smiles stayed on our faces. His green eyes that brought me back to when we were little. Everything about him reminded me of the good and bad. "What about you? You'll be graduating tomorrow with Christian and Jacob."

"I'm excited and I know Christian is too, so I'm looking forward to our apartment in Texas that us four are going to share." I propped my arm on the arm handle attached to my seat as I looked at Vinnie. He nodded his head and looked forward again, "Let's go to the grass."

"But you still have your nice clothes on?"

He unlocked the car and got out quickly, "It's fine, I want to lay down outside." I followed behind him and walked over to the area of grass he was now laying on. His eyes looked around at the stars that were barely in the sky, but it was all nice as the breeze would pass by us. It went silent again. You could hear us breathing as we looked up and said nothing. Then I heard him move, I looked over and saw him looking at me. His propped up arm as he leaned against his hand and I smiled at him.

"What?"

"This has been a very different year." He grabbed onto my hand and laced our fingers together, "First, I didn't even think I would finally get you to fall for me. Second, we all got accepted to a major college. And third, we're done. School is done for now, we'll be on our own, living together. I mean, everything is different."

I nodded my head, "Yeah, it is." I propped myself up also and he smiled. He looked away from me and stared at the grass beneath us. He was thinking, I could tell by the way he was moving his lips.

"We should get married." My eyes widened as he quickly let out the statement with his eyes still fixed on the grass. I didn't say anything because I was genuinely confused, but he continued. "And have two kids, with a nice house, and a turtle."

"A turtle?" I laughed as he looked at me now. Hope was fully shown in his eyes and I smiled at the thought of Vinnie and I going to a pet store only to buy a turtle and name it "Squirt" like the one from Finding Nemo. I could imagine us walking around places and trying new things, making new goals together. But I couldn't quite imagine kids yet, "Yeah, a turtle." He brushed back his hair and unbuttoned some of the buttons on his shirt. His body slowly moving a little closer to mine, but he just pecked me on the cheek and laid back down.

"Maybe kids in the future." I leaned over him now. His body beneath me, but nothing explicit in my mind. I just wanted to see his face. I laid on top of him and he brushed through my hair softly.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 || 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫 🎉