dude, the competition

"He's hot, you know I'm not lying

"He's hot, you know I'm not lying." Emily said as we both were in her room. She was showing me a random guy's Instagram and she said there were rumors that he was moving over to Samson High. And of course I wasn't going to lie, he was hot but Vinnie was always in the front of my thoughts.

He had dirty blonde hair just like Vin, but his eyes were a bit darker. In my opinion though, I'd rather have Vinnie.

"So you're telling me that that guy is better than Austin?" I asked and she looked at me frantically.

"NO!" I laughed as she was starting to freak out, "I'm just saying that he's decent." She calmed down and continued to look at his photo. "But Austin and I aren't the most attractive couple, you and Vin are." She had recently told me everything about her and Austin, but Vin and I still haven't confirmed the relationship we have. It was still like "Oh I like you" and "I like you too", nothing was going on except the fact that we didn't even have sex, but we were totally fine with it.

"Thanks, but I think you and Austin are a great couple, even though his dumb ass doesn't want to man up and tell his family about you two." I turned my body to look at her and she did too as she put her phone down.

"I know, but it's just that there is so much at stake. I mean would your dad be happy if you married someone who didn't have a stable life or family?"

"My dad told me that love is love and if you really want it, you'll work hard to be happy." She nodded her head and showed me that she understood.

"That does sound about right." I smiled at her and her beautiful face, we could confirm that there was such thing as two pretty best friends. "Do you think he'll ever have the courage to do it?"

"Yeah, a real man would do it. A boy will be embarrassed about the true love he really doesn't deserve." She smiled and I knew what she was thinking. For her all she wanted to think about was the sharp thoughts of getting married to Austin, and I was envious of her. I wished I thought about marriage too when it came to Vinnie, but for right now all I think about is how much I love him and how much I want to hang out with him everyday.

She was thinking about the future, and I was thinking about the next hour I'll have with my- well I don't know yet. She seemed so happy, and I loved looking at her smile in her thoughts.

"Austin said that he really likes that you and I are friends now." She looked over at me again, "He said he was tired of me being picked on and not having good friends that were girls, and I agree with him. I enjoy your presence and I'm really thankful." Her eyes started to tear up and I just smiled. I didn't want to cry, but they just started building up and I couldn't really hold it back.

"Well it's nice having a friend who doesn't have a penis, so I enjoy your presence too," She laughed at my comment and I heard the door slowly open. We both turned our heads to see all the guys standing there. Evan and Christian flopped on her bed which made us laugh. They both looked at us as Austin and Vinnie walked in and stood there watching us, "We're you guys crying?" Evan asked.