Chapter 12- Dye/Die

A/N: I GOT MY PHONE FIXED!!!!😆

"I love you too," I hear a raspy voice coming from Luke, his voice cracked probably from not talking a lot.

A smile instantly spreads across my face, "You talked! Luke, I love you so so much!" I tackle him with a hug.

"You're sitting on my tail and crushing my lungs," He pointed down and I got off of his tail and let go, "Sorry"

"Do you wanna go with me to get some hair dye?" The red in my hair was starting to fade out.

"But what about this? I don't want to ruin your reputation or something" He pointed to his ear and tail.

"Your perfect, who cares what they think?" I wrap an arm around him and heard him whisper, "I care, cause it's true" barely audible and it broke my heart he thinks that.

"Please?" I place a kiss on his cheek.

I heard a sigh, "Fine"

"Yay!" I stood up and went to get my shoes with Luke.

We get into a cab and drove over to Walmart. I walk down through the isle trying to find the dye, "You want to split up so we can find it faster?"

Okay, I guess he's still not comfortable talking in public, "Okay, text me when you find it"

Luke's POV*
"Okay, text me when you find it," Michael walks the other way, I really hate being alone.

I'm going to be fine, it's going to be okay. I begin walking through the isle the opposite way he went, pulling my beanie lower and my tail was already tucked in. At the last isle I saw the hair dye and ran over to it, I pull out my phone and texted him I found it. He said he would come right over.

I started looking through to pick a color and decided on blue, my favorite color. I turned around and someone bumped into me, "Hey watch where you're going!"

"You look familiar do you go to my school?" She asks.

I look up and see a really pretty blonde, I stay silent, "Are you going to talk?" I look back down at my feet.

"What? Are you like a mute? Wait a minute, you're that mute hybrid! Freak...," She spats, "Oh and by the way Michael doesn't even like you, you're fat ugly and a waste of space. He probably just doing it out of pity, he could do so much better than you. I know that cause I used to date him," Every word was like a knife to the heart, I could feel tears starting to fall.

"Tell Mikey Abigail says hi!" She walks away.

I broke down right there in the store, everything "Abigail" and my dad says is true. I am ugly, I am fat and a waste of space. He could do so much better than me. I stood up and ran out isle bumping into someone.

"Sorry- Luke, what's wrong?" Michael stopped me, but I ignored him and walked past him picking up my pace.

I could hear him yelling behind me, "Wait, Luke! Please!"

I took out my phone and saw a message from my dad, *Get your ass back here*

I take a cab back to my flat and opened the door, first thing my dad did was taking my phone instantly, he was normal, he wasn't a hybrid, "Where were you?!"

"I-I was w-with Mi-Michael," I look down, my ears flattened against my head.

"I did not raise a faggot!" He yelled.

He must've drank a lot because the next thing I knew I was pushed up against the wall with his hands around my neck. I couldn't breathe, black spots was starting to appear and he let go.

I ran into my room and cried into my pillow. A few minutes later, I hear someone jiggle on my door knob. I walk over to the door and tried to open it but it didn't budge, I tried opening the window but it was also locked. I'm trapped here like a caged animal. I start pounding on the door until my knuckles start bleeding.

At that point I stop trying, I look in the mirror and a bruise was starting form around my neck. My mum left to go on a business trip so she wouldn't be home for a week. I wish Michael was here with me...

A/N: My phone is fixed so updates will be normal!

-Emily
Xx