Chapter 11- Bruises

A week later...
"Hi Luke!" I sit next to him on the bus. It's been a week since we went on our first date, we started talking more and had our 2nd date. He was wearing a hoodie with his black skinny jeans and his hood was covering his face so I couldn't see his face and a SnapBack sticking out of his hood, he waves at me not looking away from his phone.

"Erm, its like 90 degrees outside, how are you not hot in that hoodie?" He shrug and went back to his phone, "Lukeeyyy talk to meee I'm bored"

The bus hits a pothole and his hood fell of his head, revealing a bruise on his cheek and under his eye. Why did he have that? Luke quickly puts on his hood, "What happened?"

Nothing, He lowered his SnapBack and hood.

"But Luke-" I was interrupted by his phone, It's nothing

I didn't want pressure him anymore so I decided to drop it and talk to him later. We walk into the school and I reached for his hand, kissing him on the cheek letting everyone know ... HE'S MINNE and he instantly blushes. I was kinda sad that I only had 1 class with him. I walk to our lockers which were next to each other, when I got to the lockers the word, faggots, was spray painted on our lockers, "What the fuck?"

I walk to the office with Luke trailing behind me and storm into the principal's office, "Hello Mr. Cliff-" His face turned into a frown when he saw Luke. Asshole.

"Somebody spray painted the word faggot on our lockers!" I snapped.

"So?," he raises his one of eyebrows.

I could feel my nails digging into my palm, "And you're not going to do anything about it?"

"Being gay is a sin. And hybrids should be DEAD," He spats.

"You know what?!?!!!!!" I stuck up both of my middle fingers and waved my hand around his face, "Come on Luke, let's go"

I turn back to Luke and see tears brimming his eyes, I brush the tear falling down away with my thumb, "Don't listen to him, you're perfect" I lead him out the door.

When school ended, we went on the bus together, "Do you want to come over?"

Sure, he got off my stop and followed me.

I opened the door and threw my stuff somewhere on the couch, "You want anything?" He shook his head. I went into the kitchen to get food anyways, when I got back Luke was sitting on the couch doing his homework already. I need to talk to him

"Luke since we're together now, promise no secrets?" and he nods.

I scooted closer to him, he leans on my shoulder, "I know you starve yourself and self harm. Luke, why?" I rolled up his sleeves. I heard him gasp. He stood abruptly and ran to the door, I ran after him outside and its raining too, perfect, "Luke!"

I run down the street, he must've used to do a sport or something because at every second he's getting farther and farther away.

Luke's POV*
How did he found out? He's gunna leave me, I just know it. I kept on running and turn into a alley way, and collapsed against the brick wall. I curled up into a ball, pulling on my ears and let the tears pouring out. It's like the sky has the same mood as me.

I heard the sound of shoes splashing in the rain come closer. Please be Michael, "Luke?!" I look up and see him run down the alley, "Are you okay?

"Let's go back it's raining out here and you're gonna get sick," He stood up and help me up. Michael insists on carrying me, I didn't have my phone so I couldn't say anything, so I let him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he walks to his house.

He sets me down in the couch, we sit there in silence for a few minutes before Michael talks again, "Why?"

I start to fiddle with my tail before answering him, I never knew how I became a hybrid, I tried to talk to my mum but she would always change the topic. I guess I was just born this way. After you left on our 1st date, my dad found out I was dating you. He's a huge homophobic, he's been abusing me and my mum since I was smaller, but some how my mum somehow always has a smile on her face. I've been cutting since I was 13, and I was diagnosed with anorexia a year later. I do it because I hate how ugly fat and fucked up I am. Even Calum ditched me when he found who I am. You're the only one who knows my whole story.

I look back up to Michael expecting him to kick me out instead he embraces me with a tight hug. He lets go and wipes away tear that I didn't even fell, "If you're ever in trouble please don't hesitate to text me even if it's 2 in the morning. You're not ugly fat or a fuck up, you're perfect sweet and mean the world to me, promise me you'll at least try to eat more and stop cutting?"

I promise

"I love you so much Luke," it surprised me that he actually loves me. No one ever said that to me besides my mum.

Michael's POV*
"I love you so much Luke," I love him.

"I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you" I say quoting TFIOS.

"I love you too," I hear a raspy voice coming from Luke.

A/N: I decided to make this chapter longer since I haven't been updating as much.

Updates will go back to normal maybe by next week or the week after. My dad's fixing it right now so I just have to wait.

I watched Mean Girls again with my mum, I freakin love that movie. I see why Luke likes it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K READS ILYSM!!!!

-Emily
Xx