Chapter Nine

~Six years later~

    "Mom! Nightstalker's bugging us again!" Yelled a voice. The dragonet who spoke - Moonraiser - was bringing a very irritated and very orange Macaw into my study.

    "What's he saying this time?" I sighed.

    "He's saying that we shouldn't go to Jade Mountain because it's 'dangerous'." Macaw replied.

    "Well tell him to shut up." I said calmly.

    "Mom! That's our brother!" They both yelled at the same time.

    "Oh, yeah, sorry I forgot." I said sarcastically.

    "Our older brother." Moonraiser added matter-of-factly.

    "And you're older than Macaw. And you don't boss him around. He isn't scared of you." Despite what you are. My brain couldn't help adding. I shook that thought off.

    Moonraiser's eyes flickered for a second. "Yeah, because I'm half a second older than him. We're basically the same age." She finally replied.

    "Pfft. Ok, that's what you say. But thank you for telling me. I'll make sure to tell him to leave you alone, right after I tell you something Moonraiser. And Macaw, you can't come." Moonraiser looked uncertain while Macaw scowled.

    The moment Moonraiser and I stepped into the other room, Moonraiser confronted me.

     "What is so important that Macaw can't know?" She demanded. "And what do you mean, 'despite what you are'? What do you have to tell me?" My dragonet glared at me and almost turned back in the pause that I took to answer.

    "You're . . . " I took a deep breath. "You're an animus."

~A few minutes later~

    "So . . . she needs special classes because she's an animus? We don't have anyone to teach her though." Tsunami said.

    "We have Jerboa. Oh, and please don't tell anyone. I want it to be a secret . . . for now, at least. I don't know why, but I just feel like . . . I just feel like no one else should know yet."

    "Of course." Tsunami nodded understandingly. "Let me get Jerboa."

    "No. I'm going."

    "Are you sure? No more pain, right?"

    "No more." I replied sternly. After thinking it over, Tsunami nodded and let me go to the door.

    "What don't you want to tell us?" Clay said, walking in.

    "Nothing . . . " I said unconvincingly.

    "And why do you need Jerboa?" Starflight asked. "She's an animus." And then slowly, a look of realization came upon his face. "Wait, Moonraiser isn't - "

    "Bye everyone!" I said jumping up and flying to Jerboa's hut.

    As I looked over my shoulder, I saw everyone confronting Tsunami, who caught me staring at her. She gave me a helpless look and I smirked, flying on.

~A few more minutes later~

    "Jerboa? Are you here?"

    "A visit from Queen Glory. What an honor."

    "Jerboa." I said turning around.

    "Why are you here?"

    "I need your help with my daughter Moonraiser."

    "Why? I'm nothing but a SandWing, and if I hear correctly, you know how to raise your children. Plus, they are Rain-Night hybrids."

    "But you're also an animus."

    "And?"

    "Moonraiser is too."

~Back at Jade Mountain Academy~

    Turtle's POV

    So there's a fellow animus coming to Jade Mountain. Maybe I should tell her? No, I can't. If she knows I'm an animus too, she could tell someone without my consent. I can't trust her to keep my secret, so I'll make friends with her until I know I can trust her, then I'll tell her.

    "So she's getting Jerboa to train her daughter to fight!" Tsunami said, coming out of the classroom. I ran as fast as I could to my cave, and didn't lay down to rest until I had Moonraiser out of my mind.

    Just so you guys know, Turtle and Glory are the main POVs for this. Now, I would never take Kinkajou away from Turtle, too cute of a ship, so the reason Turtle couldn't get Moonraiser out of his head is because he was wondering what it would be like if he told another animus of his powers.

    Also, no one knows about Moonraiser's power except:

    Glory

    Deathbringer

    Moonraiser herself

    Turtle (By SPYING)

    Tsunami

    Jerboa III (Spoilers if you haven't read The Dangerous Gift)

    That's it. Hope you enjoyed! Anyways, see you in the next chapter! Bye!!