Chapter Ten

Glory's POV

    "Gloooooryyyyy..." I heard someone shout from far off. "Glory! Where are you?"

    "I've got to go, Jerboa. Um, meet me in a week? Just a little after school starts so Moonraiser can get used to it." I said.

    Was that hesitation coming from Jerboa?

    "Got it. I'll prepare the stuff. She needs some sort of talisman, better than Darkstalker's, obviously . . . " She trailed off.

    I spread my wings, ready to catch the fastest air draft I could find. I may not be a SkyWing, but I was the Queen's pet once, wasn't I? I had learned from the SkyWings. Even from Peril. Who, um, wasn't the easiest to learn from.

    I flapped my wings once, twice, three times, and I was off, feeling that one familiar breeze. The wind whipped my ruff back and I turned slightly pink. I enjoyed flying a lot, but less then I enjoyed my children, being Queen so I could protect my tribe, Deathbringer, no wait, he's not allowed on that list, and my friends. Suntime too.

    A little while later I was full on pink and yellow, and I looked a lot like Kinkajou. Then I came to my senses.

    Oh three moons, I can't be seen like this, oh no, oh no, oh no...

    "Kinkajou?" Said a curious voice from behind me.

    "AH!" I yelled. Clay smiled sheepishly.

    "Sorry . . . " He said apologetically.  Luckily, my scales had turned white, hiding the joy and the excitement. Slowly, my scales became light blue with dark blue, and, well, the usual.

    "That still never gets old." Clay said. Then he snapped to attention like he just realized something. But only as I asked him why he was here to meet me.

    "I'm here," He said. "Because Peril's egg is hatching soon."

~About five seconds later~

    "WHERE IS IT?!" I yelled.

    "OH THREE MOONS GLORY!" Tsunami yelled back.

    "What?" I said innocently.

    "Peril was having a nice nap, and you woke her up! This is hard for her!" Tsunami yelled.

    "And what do you know about having eggs?" I snapped back. Tsunami hesitated, though I didn't realize she had her thinking face on.

    "That's what I thought." I huffed.

    Peril looked at us just as there was a crack. The five of us, plus the Jade Winglet, watched in awe as a small dragon that resembled a SkyWing, but with Clay's scale colors, popped its tiny head out of the blood red SkyWing egg.

    As soon as he came out and saw Peril curled around him, he said,

    "Mah-mah?"

    Ok hi. Yay. New chapter. I'm getting socially awkward nowadays, sorry about that. Can we cut the scene please?

~Technical Difficulties, Please Stand By~

    ANYWAYS, this is the chapter. Also, a lot of you may have guessed, but I'm not going to spoil anything about Tsunami yet. So there's the hint. If you got back to that sentence where it says,

    "Tsunami hesitated, but I didn't know she had her thinking face on.", you'll see that I posted a comment that just reminds you that THAT is the part that you REALLY have to pay good attention to, as well as what Glory said before that. Now that I've pretty much spoiled it, thank you for reading this chapter, and I will see you in the next one! Bye!!!