Chapter One

It had been awhile since the volcano eruption. The NightWings had their own village in the Rainforest kingdom, and all was well. Except for all the dragons that didn't like their queen, that is.

    "Glory?" A voice asked. I looked up. Deathbringer was standing there, with a worried expression.

    "Yes?" I asked slowly.

    "The dragonets, you know, the NightWing ones." Deathbringer sounded even more worried.

    "Yes . . . ?"

    "They're gone."

    I raced passed him, shoving passed all my visitors, causing some muttering. But I didn't care. I ran all the way to the NightWing village, not even bothering to try to fly around the vines that kept smacking me every time I decided 'Hey, I'm going to try to fly through this'.

    When I reached the village, I raced to the hatchery. Sure enough, when I got there, Nighthunter, Rainshatter, and Lightmaker where gone.

    "Where are they?!" I asked, whirling around, only to find a little ball of scales. I recognized her instantly.

    "Timeracer, what are you doing here?" I asked, crouching down. She opened her eyes.

    "Rainshatter, Lightmaker and Nighthunter decided to go on an adbmure." She said quietly.

    "Adventure." I corrected.

    "Yeah. And I said it would be better to not go, but they wmt anywys."

     "Do you know where?" I asked, laying down so we could be eye level.

    "Yeah." She sniffed. "They said something about Ice." I jumped up and flew as fast as I could to Deathbringer.

    "Whoa!" He said as I crashed into him. "Slow down there. What happened? Do you know where they went?"

    "The Kingdom of Ice." I managed to say without letting pale green roll onto my skin.

    "You can write a letter to Queen Snowfall, can't you?" He asked nervously. This time I was unsuccessful with my scales. I shook my head.

    "I already had to force her into letting the dragonets go on a field trip to the Kingdom, and she was not happy about it."

    "Hmm." He said. Then, letting out a big shout, he called for Secretkeeper.

    Almost instantly she was there. "Yeah?"

    "We need your help."

    Her eyes brightened. "I can do that. Do you want me to get Moon?"

    "No." I said sternly. "She will stay in Jade Mountain. The moons know she's had enough adventure for a life time." Secretkeeper nodded, rushing a letter to her daughter explaining where she was going and specifically NOT to follow.

    A few hours later, the three of us landed down on snow, but Deathbringer wasn't with us.

    "Hang on." Said Secretkeeper. "First, where's Deathbringer?"

    "He's at home. I figured someone needed to be in charge." I rolled my eyes thinking of his protests as I pushed him into the royal hut.

    "Right. Second, who is that?" She pointed at the RainWing beside me.

    "I'm Jambu!" Said my brother before I could answer. "Glory's brother!"

    "Okay . . . third, what am I doing here? IceWings hate NightWings if I remember correctly."

    "You're here so that the dragonets will actually come. They only listen to me when there's a NightWing around, so I brought you."

    "Right." She said. "Last, are you going to be an IceWing, or a RainWing?"

    "RainWing." I said. "If I go under the name Storm or something, first, the dragonets won't recognize me, and second, if Queen Snowfall comes, she won't recognize me." Secretkeeper nodded, and Jambu and I flew off, to the only place that looked like it was covered in dirt that wasn't frozen.

    "I don't want to go!" Yelled Rainshatter, throwing a snowball at me.

    "Neither do we!" Agreed Lightmaker and Nighthunter.

    "Secretkeeper is here, and if you don't listen, she'll come here and since she's in charge of the hatchery, there won't be any games for a long time." I said with a convincing tone. "Would you like that?"

    "No." The dragonets replied. And they sauntered off after me.

    The dragonets were safely back in the hatchery, but there was still one thing bothering me, and it pained me day after day.