Chapter Twenty

Alright, really quickly before I start . . .

    I have literally no idea how many chapters this book will have. *She says literally a few chapters before the end* It might have thirty chapters or something, I don't know. So this book might be very long or very short or in between. Just getting that out there so no one asks: "Do you have a set amount of chapters?"

    I actually forgot what some of the prophecy meant, so I had to come up with a whole different thing for some of the lines.

    By the way, I did not make up a name for the SkyWing Queen of Darkstalker's time, I just searched it up.

    And from now on . . .

    Italic bold (Like this) means Aquatic.

    Time to start because this is the boring part!

    Moonraiser's POV

    We flew for a long time before making it to a small island not far from the Sky Kingdom. There was a smaller one next to it, that was where we were going to meet Darkstalker.

    "Tell me again." Phantomhunter said. "Why is Darkstalker smaller than he was before he was changed to a different dragon?"

    "Because, silly," I replied. "We changed him back, causing the growth that he had developed for two thousand years to reset. Now he's as big as Jerboa."

    "That SandWing who had to get out of our way? Why was she there anyways?"

    "To 'train' me."

    Phantom snorted. "Train you?"

    "Train my animus magic or whatever."

    "Your mother is the weirdest dragon I've met," Phantomhunter said. Then she gave me an amused smile. "After you of course."

    "Excuse me." I said. "That's not nice."

    "Fine, your mother is the weirdest dragon I've ever met then."

    "Speaking of my mother, did you see her?"

    "Why do you want to know?"

    "I want to know if she's still alive."

    "She is. Why?"

    I growled in such frustration it scared a nearby Seagull. "She's supposed to be dead!"

    "Is she? I guess something went wrong. Or . . . another animus?"

    I looked at her. "Who? Stonemover? He's stuck to the ground in a cave that's too far to be able to hear what's going on. It couldn't be him. It couldn't be Jerboa because . . . "

    "Because?"

    "It could have."

    "It could have, yes."

    "We didn't enchant her before I enchanted the garnet."

    "Exactly. Now, we're here, let's go."

    Our talons made small marks on the sand where we landed, facing a small ruin.

    "What's this ruin doing here?" I asked.

    "You've never been here before, have you?"

    "No."

    "That ruin is the ruin of the Cloud Castle."

    "Cloud Castle?"

    "It's a legend. Not even Queen Scarlet knew about it."

    "So..."

    "It was a secret that was only found when I was scouting areas for Darkstalker."

    "King Darkstalker."

    Phantomhunter and I turned around lazily to face a NightWing with silver tear drop scales.

    "Yeah, yeah. We got your SkyWing."

    Darkstalker nodded without looking closer and brought us to a small area that had been in the middle of the ruins.

    "What is this?" I asked.

    "In the Cloud Castle," Darkstalker started. "Queen Carmine made a small . . . relaxation area. They were a lot more different than now in my time."

    Phantomhunter looked at me and we exchanged eye rolls. Darkstalker didn't see as he turned away the next second.

    "This is the place where we lay the SkyWing's body. Once we have that, we're going to need all of our powers combined to fulfill your dreams, Moonraiser."

    "And once we do that, what do you want?" Phantomhunter said.

    "What do you mean?"

    "There's a catch. I can feel it."

    I nodded at Phantomhunter's sentence.

    "Well . . . " Darkstalker said, looking at his claws. "I want to fulfill your dreams as well. But not only do I want to bring back Vigilance," He looked at us. "I want to bring back Albatross."

    Turtle's POV

    This is not good, not good at all!

    I started swimming away from the Cloud Castle, barely making ripples in the water as I did so. My mind was buzzing with all the information Darkstalker had just said.

    I have to tell Glory and Deathbringer, maybe Tsunami . . .

    Hey, Turtle! Said a dark blue SeaWing that emerged from under me.

    Ah! Tsunami! You scared me!

    What doesn't?

    Ha ha, very funny.

    I am quite good at jokes.

    I was being sarcastic!

    So was I. Why are you so jumpy anyways? You're never like this, even if there's something really scary.

    I have to tell you something. But let's get out of here, otherwise they'll see us.

    Who?

    Let's just go!

~Back at Jade Mountain~

    "So, Turtle . . . " Tsunami started.

    "Tsunami said something about you wanting to tell us something." Glory cut in. I looked at everyone in the face, even Moon who wasn't possessed anymore, and told them what I heard.