Chapter Thirteen

Glory's POV

    "Now."

    My claws reached up for my neck, but I tried stopping them. There was no way out of it though . . . this was the end for me. And I never even told Deathbringer how I felt.

    My talons grasped my neck and twisted them to the side, and I felt a tingle. A 'hey you're enchanted now' tingle. And then I realized that I was still alive, despite my previous actions of cracking my neck.

    "Deathbringer." I whispered as I fell to the floor. He moved ever so slightly to show he was listening. "Do you know why we're still alive?"

    "No." He whispered back. I quickly turned my attention to Moonraiser.

    "Good." She said making sure we were 'dead'. The hybrid swept out of the History Cave, leaving Macaw staring at her as if she was someone he never knew.

    "Macaw." I hissed.

    "It's a ghost!" He yelped.

    "No you idiot, it's me."

    "Glory, don't talk to him like that." Deathbringer said.

    "Uh huh sure." I rolled my eyes and looked at my son.

    "How are you . . . "

    "Still alive? That's a good question, actually." I felt my neck and realized all the bones were still intact.

    "How is that even possible?!" Deathbringer asked.

    "It must be another animus spell or something . . . right?" I asked.

    "It must be. But who cast it?"

    Turtle's POV

    Oh thank the moons it worked. That was a great thing to do, good timing as well. But now I should probably leave before someone finds me here and rightfully blames me for the spell.

    I slipped out of the small crack I was hiding in and rushed to the Healer to check on Moon. She was awake, but the Healers said she couldn't leave the Healer's Healing place until she fully recovered, which was weird, because she seemed perfectly fine. I mean, after six years . . . but than again, she started to repeat her prophecy more and more frequently.

    "Hey, Moon!"

    "Turtle!" Moon yelled. She hugged me.

    "Um . . . do we normally do this?"

    "Hug? No, but I haven't seen anyone in a long time."

    "Oh really? Wasn't Qibli just - "

"Jerboa!" Moon gasped. I turned around at Moon's call, and saw what I wish I never saw. Jerboa was lying on the floor of the corridor, a small amount of blood seeping out from her neck.

    Glory's POV

    "Jerboa!" Moonwatcher gasped. Turtle, who was apparently visiting her, turned around and widened his eyes, either on purpose or by accident, I didn't know, all I wanted to find out was what in the name of the moons happened.

    "Jerboa, are you okay?!" Deathbringer asked.

    "No she's not you snails for brains." I replied.

    "Hey, that's Queen Thorn's line!" Qibli said, appearing out of his sleeping cave.

    "Well I'm using it now." I said.

   "Qibli!" Moon yelled. Qibli ran over to the Healing Cave.

    "You're okay." He said.

    "Of course I am." She said matter of factly. "You don't die from making prophecies."

    "Well it sure looked like you would."

    "Someone do something! We need her to help train Moonraiser when she gets back, and plus, she's a great dragon!"

    "What could we do though? We can't use her animus magic . . . " Deathbringer said.

    "Glory." Starflight hissed in my ear.

    "Yes?"

    "You know you've made it quite obvious that Moonraiser is an animus."

"How did you - ?"

    "Glory. You wanted Jerboa, the animus. For your daughter. I didn't buy that, 'fighting' excuse Tsunami made up."

    I slapped my snout. "She's a snails for brains if that's the excuse she came up with."

    "Ha ha, very funny. Now I'm going to go try to figure out how we can help this."

    "While hiding under a rock so it doesn't happen to you." I added.

    "What? No, I wasn't thinking about doing that at all . . . "

    I looked at him with the 'you're not fooling me that's a terrible excuse' look.

    "Alright, fine." He said. I snorted and looked back at Jerboa.

    "There's nothing we can really do except either find another animus, or hope to the moons the Healers can fix her." I said sadly. We dragged her into the cave leaving a small trail of blood where she was.

    "We're going to have to clean this up before Tsunami gets flashbacks or someone thinks a dragon died here - "

    "I mean, she pretty much did." Starflight said.

    "Stop being so pessimistic! She can make it!"

    "I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being logical!'

    "Yeah but she can make it!"

    "If we find an animus!"

    I looked back at the SandWing and sighed. "We'll come back tomorrow and hope the Healers have done a good job."

    Everyone filed out except for Moon, which was a given, Qibli, and Turtle.

    "You guys don't want to come?" I asked.

    They all shook their heads.

    "Alright."

    On my way I started muttering about how we could never get the students educated because bad things always somehow managed to appear.

    Turtle's POV

    "She's gone, Turtle." Moon said.

    "Let me guess." I replied.

    "You've got to do something!" Qibli chimed in.

    "I will, promise, but what if - wait a minute . . . "

    "What is it?" Moon asked.

    "Didn't Jerboa's mother enchant her to live forever?"