Chapter Fifteen

Turtle's POV

    "Turtle! You're back!" Moon said, engulfing me in another hug.

    "Yeah. You remember your prophecy, right?"

    "Yeah . . . " She said slowly. "Of course."

    "Glory was warned not to send her kids to Jade Mountain."

    "BY WHO?!" Qibli yelled.

    "Three MOONS, Qibli. Nightstalker was the one who warned her."

    "Moonraiser's brother?"

    "The very same."

    "That's just . . . wow." Qibli said.

    "Yeah. So, next time Nightstalker says something, we just have to listen to him!"

    "I don't think it's going to be that easy, Turtle." Moon said.

    "I know. I was trying to be optimistic."

    "Well, you did a semi-good job." Qibli stated. I snorted loudly. "What?" He asked.

    "I did not." I replied. I looked at Moon for backup.

    "I mean, um, I guess you didn't?" She said. Qibli looked at her furiously.

     "I - I mean, you did!" She said nervously, and this time I looked at her furiously.

    "No, you didn't. Yes you did! No . . . I - I mean yes!" Pretty soon, Qibli, Moon and I were rolling around on the floor of the cave.

    "Wow. That was . . . okay." I said. Then I looked back at Jerboa, who was barely breathing anymore.

    "She must have run into Moonraiser on the way." I said. "But we won't know for sure until she wakes up."

    "So . . . help her wake up."

    "With my animus magic?! Moon, I barely use that! Only for emergencies!"

    Moon and Qibli gave me a look.

"Alright fine, this is an emergency."

    "Thank you." They said in unison.

    "But my soul - "

    "Will be fine, now Turtle, if you could please use your magic to heal her." Qibli said. I looked at him and nodded, making sure no one was watching. I even checked for invisible RainWings before doing anything. How could I tell there were none? I felt the walls with Moon and Qibli's help. I touched everything, making sure there were no parts that formed the shape of a RainWing.

    "Alright." I said. I walked over to the big SandWing, holding out my talons. I looked over her body to see if there was anything I could enchant. There was nothing really, so I had to enchant her scales.

    "Enchant Jerboa of the SandWings to be invincible to Moonraiser the Rain-Night hybrid's spells." I finished the spell and Jerboa's heart beat slowly became normal again, but she didn't wake up.

    "Jerboa?" I asked. Nothing happened. I turned to Moon and Qibli.

    "Nothing. I mean, she's alive, but she's not waking up."

    "B - but, shouldn't she?" Moon stuttered.

    "I mean, yeah. I don't really know what the enchantment was, but, running through the list of dragons that could have done this, I don't think that any of them are capable or would want to do it. So I do know something else.

    "What?" Moon and Qibli asked.

    "Moonraiser didn't enchant Jerboa to die. It was someone else."

    And on that note, goodbye and see you in the next chapter!