Chapter 1: Being the New Kid Sucks

Being the new kid sucks. I mean who ever made it to be a thing that parents would ever decide to move to Queens all the way from Oregon during the middle of the school year and make their daughter start her junior year of high school in the middle of the year? I already have a hard enough time making friends but this, this was just awful.

I got to my new high school already dreading what I knew was to come. Crowded hallways and smelly jocks. Great, my nightmare come true. To top it all off, I had NO idea where I was going. I tried to ask for directions to the front office but everyone was quite adamant to get to their classes.

Finally, I reached the front office and told the ladies my name. Y/N Weston.

"Alright Miss Weston, if you will follow me I will introduce you to your buddy for the day who is going to show you around."

Well, I thought to myself, at least I'll have one friend.

We walked down a hallway and took a left to see a tall, skinny girl with unruly brown curls who looked absolutely miserable. Great, just great.

"Y/N, this is MJ, she's going to show you around today. If you need anything just ask her. Ok you two, have fun!"

"Hi, I'm Y/N, I just moved here from Oregon."

Silence

"So, do you play any sports or anything? I played soccer at my old school."

Complete and utter silence

"This is my friend Ned." The quiet girl said.

Finally, she speaks!!

We walked up to who I assume she was referring to as Ned. He looked really sweet.

Maybe he'll talk to me

We talked for a few minutes when another boy who was running down the hall way too fast approached us.

"MJ, Ned, you won't believe what I-"

*cough*

"I mean what Spiderman did last night... Um hi, who.. Ha um... who are you?"

"Hi," I said and gave the boy a sweet smile. "I'm Y/N. I just moved here from Oregon and MJ was showing me around."

There was an awkward silence as the three friends exchanged glances.

"Feel sorry for you." Ned said under his breath, ending the silence. MJ elbowed him in the side and the two started laughing.

So she can smile. Good to know.

"Well, let's get to class before we're late." MJ said.

"Good idea." Peter and Ned said at the same time.

I could tell that there was still some tension between the three but I figured it must be an inside joke or something. Nothing to worry about.