she ra | panic attack 5

A/N : Requested by GatouRocky. Hope this suffices 💙

Here it was. The Fright Zone.

Well technically now it was the Scorpion Kingdom, but Catra still saw it as her childhood home.

And while it was her childhood home, that was only because it was all she knew, not because it was welcoming.

She gripped onto Adora's hand a bit tighter.

"We don't have to do this today" Adora reassured, seeing how tense Catra was

Catra shook her head though

"No" she said, swallowing thickly "Let's go talk to Scorpia"

They were in the Fright Zone now, wandering around freely. It felt odd, not having to be sneaky. When they were kids, they always had to be a bit stealthy when running around and playing. If Shadow Weaver caught them having fun, it would've been bad.

But now they could walk around freely. Shadow Weaver wasn't here right now

She died Catra reminded herself. Sometimes she forgot that. The monster was still in her nightmares. Sometimes she forgot that the real Shadow Weaver burned and perished.

The couple was free to do what they wanted in the Fright Zone within reason now. Scorpia wasn't gonna yell at them for existing, which was very jarring

As free as they were though, Catra felt tense as ever. This place held so many awful memories for both of them. So many awful things happened here.

Catra felt a familiar pain in her chest. She shoved it down as much as she could, squeezing Adora's hand a bit. A panic attack could wait.

Adora gave Catra a sympathetic look. The magicat just gave a nervous glance in return.

They continued walking through the empty halls. Occassionally they would see a broken robot. Reconstruction of the place was still in very early stages, so there were still remnants of the Fright Zone.

They walked by Hordak's destroyed sanctum, which had not yet been cleaned up. Catra stilled and froze in place, putting a hand over her heart in an attempt to remain calm.

So many bad things happened in that sanctum

Our fight... His strangling machine... She recalled in her head

The portal

That was the last straw. Her knees buckled. Adora caught her and slowly lowered the two of them to the floor.

Catra felt her throat closing and started choking for air. Tears welled up in the corners of her eyes as she curled up, covering her ears roughly.

Adora held her close so that the magicat could listen to her heartbeat

"Deep breaths, Catra" She reminded quietly, as to not overwhelm her any more

A few minutes passed and Catra was starting to calm down.

"I'm s-sorry" Catra choked out

"It's okay" Adora reassured. Catra chuckled darkly but didn't say anything. Adora was concerned but didn't say anything.

A few minutes later, Catra pulled away, wiping a few stray tears from her cheeks. She stood up shakily, Adora helping her stabilize herself.

"You wanna talk about it?" Adora asked

Catra hesitated, but remembered that she was suppose to be more open now

"The sanctum. Bad things happened in the sanctum" she mumbled

Adora nodded in understanding, not wanting to push Catra at the moment, and the two went to see Scorpia