the owl house | transformation

A/N : Art is by artofkace on Twitter. Takes place pre episode 18. Canon divergent I guess. Also just a reminder that I take requests

Eda was in the living room. Luz and King were drawing together on the floor.

A small part of Eda was very worried because she had taken the last of her elixir that morning and needed to get it refilled. She took less than she usually did so she wasn't sure if it would work

Her fears were quickly answered by a few feathers sprouting up around her neck.

She let out a small startled yelp, causing Luz and King to look at her

"Eda, your neck!" Luz said, concerned

"I know, kid" Eda replied calmly. "But my elixir won't be available for pick up til tomorrow"

"What if you transform?" King asked, a little worried

"Well let's just hope that won't happen" Eda replied darkly

A few hours later, Eda had more feathers, and was trying to remain calm. She went into her room and layed down in her nest.

She felt her nails turning more to talons and felt a bit of fear sting her chest. She decided to go back downstairs and sit on the couch

"Luz!" She called, and the human girl quickly ran to her

"Yes, Eda?" Luz responded

"It's getting worse" she revealed her talon like hands "And I might transform. Promise me that if I do you'll take King and get out of here"

Luz gave her a worried look

"A-And just leave you here by yourself?" Luz said, concerned

"Luz, please. I need you and King to be-" she said before being cut off by her own strangled cry as she began transforming

 I need you and King to be-" she said before being cut off by her own strangled cry as she began transforming

She was scared. She didn't want to hurt King. Or Luz. Or Hooty. Or anyone.

She gave Luz one last look before her eyes started turning black.

"Eda!" Luz cried in fear, but it was no use. The beast looked at her and growled. Luz ran upstairs and into her room, shutting and bolting the door behind her.

King gave her a concerned look. "What's happening?" He asked

A screech from outside the door answered his question. Luz picked up King in her arms and went up to the window. Eda was starting to break down the door, and Luz didn't have enough time to carefully open the window, so she kicked a jagged hole in it and jumped out, landing below with a big thud.

She was in a lot of pain from the fall and had a few cuts, but had no time to waste.

So, her and King ran through the woods and to the school. It was nighttime, so it was locked up. But Luz knew a good hiding place.

She went to the library and tugged on a book, opening up to Amity's secret hideaway. Amity was sitting and reading a book, but quickly shut it and threw it aside when she heard the door open.

She let out a sigh of relief seeing that it was just Luz and- wait. Why is King here? And why does Luz have cuts and bruises?

So, like the calm and collected person that she is, she ran up to Luz in a panic and yelled "What happened to you!?"

"Eda ran out of elixir and transformed" Luz explained "We're gonna pick it up tomorrow to give it to her but in the meantime it's not safe at the owl house. Can we stay here for the night?"

"Of course!" Amity responded "I'm staying as well... Being at home also doesn't feel very safe right now..." She said sadly.

Luz reached for her hand and squeezed it. Amity's face went bright red as she looked up at Luz.

"Sorry about your family" Luz said

"Who's Amity!?" Amity responded nonsensically in a gay panic, which made Luz chuckle

Suddenly Luz winced in pain as some air from the library grazed one of her cuts.

"Oh" Amity said "Hold on, Ima go get some bandages" she said before leaving the tiny room.

Luz nodded in response and looked at King, who was asleep in the corner.

A few minutes later, Amity came back with what looked like a roll of toilet paper.

Turns out it was a roll of thick, white gauze.

She wrapped it around Luz's cuts and then put them aside.

Amity shut the opening to the room and they all fell asleep. They woke up next day to the school bell.

"Well, Luz, that's my cue to get to class" Amity said groggily, getting up

"Good luck with Eda"

"Thanks"

A/N : Cliffhanger ending. Plan on making a part 2