hell fest | overstimulated

A/N : Autistic!Taylor because I said so. Takes place before the events of the movie.

Taylor was still settling into the new living space. It was a nice place, and Brooke was fun to hang out with, but the walls were thin, meaning that it was kind of loud sometimes.

This was one of those times.

Brooke was having some housework done in the kitchen and there was a lot of loud drilling and clanging sounds. Taylor didn't say anything because that seemed rude, but she was getting really overstimulated and eventually had to move to her room.

The door muffled the noise a bit, but it was still incredibly loud and she was getting really stressed. So, she pulled out her phone and shot Asher a text, asking him to come by, to which he agreed.

About 10 agonizing minutes later, her door opened, causing her to let out a small, panicked yelp. The door soon closed and she looked up to see Asher with a sympathetic look on his face, holding noise cancelling headphones.

He gently sat next to her, removed the hands she had clamped around her ears, and placed the headset on her head. He simply sat there after that. He wanted to hold her or tell her it was alright, but he also knew that might stress her out more, so he stayed silent until she eventually curled up against him on her own accord.

Her breathing was a bit too quick, so he took a deep breath to help guide her. Soon, a combination of the breathing and the fact that the noises were now mostly muffled helped her to calm down, but she couldn't really talk still. It was around that same time that the drilling was completed.

She took off the headphones, still against him. "Hell Fest is coming here next month, you know" Asher struck up a conversation. Taylor chuckled before signing the words "I know" in response. She had taken ASL back in high school and it turned out to be a blessing whenever she couldn't speak properly.

"Thank you" she signed after a short moment of silence. "Of course" Asher replied, and the two just sat like that for a while, before Taylor finally found her voice again. "Horror movie?" she asked, craning her neck to look at him.

"And she's back" he replied, getting a small elbow to the ribs. "Yes, let's watch a horror movie"