Gluttonous Giant

"But if we do not act," Lilith pleads to Belos, the emperor sighing, annoyed as he shakes his head.

"He is a Lightbringer, and you know to go against any of your fellows means going against all of them. Those in God's light may spread it as they see fit, lest you forget the true purpose of the list and where you really stand." Belos retorts.

"As you wish father," Lilith growls bitterly clenching her fist...

Heavy clouds swirl overhead, grey and weighed down, like the sky is holding back tears. They roll over the stone streets of the town as guards slowly walk away from the small settlement, silently leaving it to what will soon arrive.

Luz walks into this town, clearing her head about a few matters. She has a lot on her mind that she is trying to fit into place. She feels as though she has the puzzle pieces but she can't get the picture to fully form. 

First to come to mind is the death of Bump. Killed just after she left. Someone close by has to have killed him, but the guards didn't. No if they had their way they would sweep it under the rug for Belos. Then who did the deed? Amity would have told her and Amity was to beat up and gone by the time the killing took place. Boscha, Willow, and Gus do not have the will to kill, and she knows she herself didn't do the deed. So who did?

So who?

Then there is the Giant of Gluttony growing closer and closer to towns, that can't be good. She has to handle that. Yes her, specifically, in her mind. That toxic lie, like a parasite, ever digging into her psyche. She has to do it cause Belos and the guards won't. After all he is a Lightbringer.

Speaking of corrupt law enforcement, they failed her on Earth too, not protecting her from her genetic mother or protecting those around her from their wicked blood relatives. What became of that old crone? Luz ponders this, questioning if the she is even OK? She wishes her to be in jail to suffer and meet whatever fate would befall her for her crimes, but to go as far as to wish death would be to far, unethical. As the life of an evil human is still a human life and shares the base inherit worth that all sentient life shares.  

She is unaware the deed has already been done. 

As she walks through the town, there is a heavy stomping in the distance, a scream is heard as a twenty foot tall titan of a being approaches. Luz turns to see it, flesh the color of moss, a tunic made of fur covering its body, torn and mismatched, and a massive staff, the top half eaten and the familiar absent in his left hand.

He roars wildly as people scream, running away as it eats houses in a matter of seconds, no chewing.

"Kid run!" A townsfolk exclaims to Luz.

Luz turns to run but sees the giant approach a small witch child, their leg pinned by a piece of rubble.

"I can take this! Clearly none of you will!" Luz exclaims rushing into the fray with sheets of paper that have glyphs at the ready...

Eda sits on her couch, looking at an old photo of her and Lilith as kids. They were happier then, closer then. How things have changed from the days they laughed together in front of Hexside.

"Thinking of making amends?" Hooty inquires, "You should before it's to late."

"Please," Eda retorts, "I have some hope but I know it's false. Lilith is just another worthless zealot."

Hooty chuckles, "someone scratched me under the chin we have company."

Eda gets up to answer, elaborating, "And that's not just because she's stronger than me she's just another accursed zealot."