A Lesson In Hatred

"Well," Eda comments as she exits the house, "I better get going kiddo. Got some..."

Eda hides her crystal ball behind her back as it shows images of a woman beating her son, "errands to run. King, if you two get hungry you go get food, she can't go running around in that hood."

"Got it," King replies.

"I'll be back in a few hours stay safe," Eda continues waving goodbye to the duo, "have a great day."

With that Eda leaves and Luz instantly asks, "so she's not teaching me right? Gus mentioned no human has ever used magic."

"No..." King sighs shamefully, "she's not."

"OK then come on," Luz demands opening a backpack for King to hop inside of.

"Where are we going?" King inquires, confused.

"To somewhere I can actually learn," Luz smirks, "Hexside..."

Eda finds herself in an upper class part of the city, with massive houses protected by fancy gates plated with silver and collums made or marble working as supports for the architectural masterpieces before her.

However, the beauty of this art hid only the vile and disgusting crimes within the home. Eda casts a spell, melting the gates as the sun just begins to rise, the families around the area still asleep for a few moments longer. Just enough time to do the job and swipe some stuff to pawn off.

An easy job, or so she expects as she sneaks in through the first floor window only to be greeted by a dozen gaurds, wands pointed at her.

A woman sits in a chair at the other end of the room, she's around Eda's age and height, wearing a black dress. She has blue hair, like the night sky, and green eyes. Atop her dress she wears a cross necklace made of silver, clearly proud of it.

"Hello Eda," the woman greets, "or should I say, sister."

Eda grips her staff tightly as she growls, "Lilith..."

"Let's have a talk you and I," Lilith smirks.

"I have nothing to say to you," Eda retorts bitterly.

"Now now," Lilith smirks as the guards take one menacing step forward, "we insist. When we're done talking you have my word you may walk away freely."

Eda hesitates for a moment, unsure if Lilith is lying, but also knows that this would be a losing battle, so decides cooperating for now is the best bet, until she can get the guards to lower their defense and catch them unprepared, so she sits and asks, "the kid I saw in my crystal ball, is he safe?"

"I assure you that was staged and a fabricated vision sent out by my own magical design," Lilith assures Eda with a smirk, knowing she has all the cards here, "now, I wanted to talk to you about someone. Someone you once knew."

"Who?" Eda demands.

"The sister of the missing Amity Blight. Your former apprentice," Lilith smirks, "Emira Blight. God rest her soul... tell me again, Eda, how did she..."

Lilith stares daggers at Eda, "die?..."

Luz continues through the forest as King protests from inside the backpack, "Luz, please, this is a mistake! Hexside is dangerous, Eda would back me up!"

"Well Eda also lied to me just like everyone else always does," Luz responds bitterly, "so I'm taking matters into my own hands darn it."

"Maybe she did it to protect you!" King retorts, "we both know someone hurt you back on Earth! What's even gotten into you? You're normally so kind and stuff!"