Potion Run and a Witch's Curse

"Now remember if it's you or the potions drop the sack and book it," Eda reminds.

"Got it," Luz nods in response slinging the brown sack of magical potions over her shoulder, "but what do these do exactly?"

"Oh the blue ones makes you faster for a bit, the yellow ones make you stronger, and the pink ones heal wounds. Problem is they all have the side effect of causing immense hunger so, if you need to use one to get out of a jam go on ahead, there's leftovers in the fridge.

"Got it," Luz smiles, "I'll be back soon!"

Luz dashes out the door eager to explore her new home.

"She's a good kid," King comments as the door closes behind Luz, Hooty cawing as a greeting to Eda as the door shuts. "But I am worried given what happened with-"

"We don't talk about her," Eda growls, "I'm not letting them take her from me. Not like they took her from me."

Eda sighs and looks at the door, gripping her staff.

"Maybe I should go with her," King suggests, "I'm a king I need to protect my subjects."

"No I need you to help me with something," Eda reminds, "you know, the job?"

"It's that time already?" King inquires.

Eda nods, "you know ya wanna."

King turns his head away and sighs, "I don't wanna go. You... you scare me when we go on these jobs."

"King you know I'm never gonna hurt you," Eda chuckles scratching King behind the ears, "you're my fluffy little buddy."

"But..." King protests.

"You can follow the kid if you prefer but this has to be done," Eda sighs, now getting annoyed, "we both know if we don't handle this no one else will."

"Look Eda we have plenty of money from the heist," King retorts, "we're set for months. It would be wise to lay low."

"It's not about the money," Eda smiles madly, "you know that..."

Eda chuckles and opens the door, "you want in on this action or not?"

King hesitates for a second, but follows all the same, and the two ride the cane through the air into the city, stopping at an alleyway where she meets up with a man in a cloak, the two standing back to back as King stands next to Eda.

"Any word on the target?" Eda inquires.

"Well yes and no," the man sighs, "the Crimson Cannibal has struck again. Half eaten bodies, mangled beyond recognition in a meth lab down the street from here."

"That serial killer is like a bottom feeding fish," Eda responds, "they eat the trash, the scum at the bottom of society. Sure it's a little to literal but they're only eating the evil people we stop anyways. You're the Oracle professor at a school, you of all people should see that it's a net gain long term."

"My ball shows otherwise Eda," the man sighs, "but it also shows a more urgent threat, a second serial killer. The Crimson Cannibal has been at it for years, but this guy's new."

"New?" King inquires, "how do we know it's not just the Cannibal?"

"The Cannibal's attacks resemble animal attacks," the professor sighs, annoyed at King's ignorance on the matter, "these are colder, more calculated. Someone is killing people, snapping their necks, far to cold and calculated to be the Cannibal. I remember before it was realized there was a pattern to the targets that the Cannibal was some wild creature that wandered into the city. Weird thing is that... you know how unlike humans witches have two differences? Pointed ears and the bag of magic bile attached to the heart which allows us to use magic?"