Traveler's Interlude Two: Glyphs and Grace - Jury Style

Things aren't going down the tubes for everyone though. The Traveler is in fact farring quite well in his new life on the road with the band. He finds himself on a bus, riding with the band to the next gig.

He ponders how odd his life is, going from surviving a genocide, to living in the mountains, to homeless, to ocean town with his adopted daughter, and finally ending up in a band.

Life is an odd road, it never goes how one expects. If everything went to plan for him, he would have expected to be in the moutians of Kentucky, or taking care of Clio in Ocean Town.

Instead he's here, among friends and with Vera, whom he loves...

So why is his mouth so dry? Why is his heart racing, leaping out of his chest? Why does the car feel like it's going a thousand miles per hour, speeding towards doom? Why can't he calm down?

They could, no, they will take everyone away from me. He knows they will. The other shoe always drops. Everything and everyone he loves is ripped away. Every time. Someone here must be a traitor. He...

He's gonna throw up.

He can't throw up in front of the others, they'll worry. Sadie, Sourcream and Spinel really seem to like him, Vera seems so happy that he at least appears to be getting better. He doesn't want to worry them, take that joy away from them.

"Can we make a stop?" The Traveler requests, "I gotta stretch my legs."

"You alright man?" Sourcream inquires removes his headphones. Sour cream tends to play the electric keyboard but dabbles with other electronic instruments. He's a somewhat pale young man, with blonde hair that's just shy of white. His jacket is also a shade of light blue, bending together the soft tones of his appearance.

"You aren't getting a bit restless?" The Traveler retorts, turning the question on Sourcream to avoid answering himself.

"We got time," Spinel a pink gem with an inverted heart in her chest adds, "I could go for a snack. Isn't there a rest stop around the corner?" Spinel's color is a deep shade of pink, and her hair is that of somewhat unkempt pigtails. She has what resembles black streeks, tearstains, under her eyes, and her arms and legs are incredibly thin, contrasting her oversized hands and feet. Her feet resemble clown shoes as well.

"Yeah we can make a stop," Sadie replies, "Hey driver! Pull up at the next rest stop huh?"

"Yes madam," The driver replies.

As they stop, everyone gets off the bus, the Traveler dashing for the restroom, "Excuse me I'll just be a moment."

Spinel notices a familiar look in the Traveler's eyes as he dashes ahead, and explains, "I'm gonna go find the vending machines. Anyone want anything?"

"Chocolate," Vera requests.

"Beef jerky if they got it," Sourcream requests.

"Get me a soda," Sadie adds.

"You got it babe" Spinel replies, stretching her neck out to kiss Sadie on the cheek before following the Traveler.

The Traveler exits the restroom, wiping vomit from his mouth, muttering to himself, "I swear they're gonna find out eventually."

"Yeah saying that aloud doesn't help," a voice interjects.

The Traveler turns to see Spinel leaning against the wall.

"I'll buy your silence," he pleads.

"I'm not selling it," Spinel retorts. She looks him in the eyes and inquires, "Who hurt you?"