Fun and Love at the Carnival

"You coming Luz?" Eda inquires as she heads out the door.

"Yeah I'm on my way!" Luz replies putting on a blue cloak to hide her ears with King in her backpack.

"OK so let's review," Eda requests, "money?"

"Check," Luz replies taking out a little wallet decorated with a cat on the front.

"Magic for self defense?" Eda asks.

Luz takes out a packet of sticky notes and nods happily, "yup!"

"My favorite thing in the house?" Eda asks.

"Uhhh..." Luz replies unsure what Eda means.

"It's you silly!" Eda exclaims rustling Luz's hair. "OK that's everything but King is he with you?"

"Right here!" King exclaims poking his head out of the backpack.

"OK then let's go!" Eda exclaims hopping on her broom. The trio fly up into the evening sky and towards the carnival on the other side of the island where tents and rides were set up, rising into the sky such as a ferris wheel and the light, covered in bright red and blue lights that demand attention even from a distance...

The trio awaited Luz's arrival at the front entrance to the carnival. Boscha and Willow making small talk with Gus. Gus cracks a bad joke, causing Boscha and Willow to laugh which Willow follows up on, causing Boscha to laugh harder as Gus too begins to laugh.

It's been a little over a week since Grom now. Amity's sadism, as seen in the arena, has grown since. While they all hope to see her and would enjoy her company they do not expect her to show up and thus wait only for Luz before entering the carnival.

Luz and Eda arrive. Luz rushes over to her friends and greets Gus and Willow with a group hug, "hey guys! What's up?"

"Not much what about you?" Willow replies.

"Hope you don't mind," Gus explains, "we invited Boscha."

"Oh I'm always happy to make a new friend!" Luz replies shaking hands with Boscha, "you were Grom queen right?"

"Sure was!" Boscha replies, "but things didn't go as planned to say the least. I never thanked you for helping me and Amity."

"Oh it was nothing," Luz assures her, "I just did what was right."

"OK you kids have fun stick together," Eda orders as she interjects.

"You not tagging along?" Willow inquires.

"No way!" King exclaims, "the games are way more fun!"

"Besides I can scam some folks," Eda replies, "scamming the filth of the Boiling Isles is always funny and the extra cash doesn't hurt."

"Do you need a disguise?" Gus inquires, "I know illusion magic."

"Sure kid would help a lot thanks!" Eda replies.

Gus casts a spell, causing a fake mustache to appear on Eda's face. Eda replies in a bad immitation of a southern gentlemen stereotype, "fine work gentlemen. I will be tending to my business."

Eda leaps over the front gate into the carnival as Luz and co buy tickets, Luz making small talk with Boscha to get to know her better.

"Yeah it seems like everyone's parents are stoners aren't they?" Boscha inquires, "I guess we should just be lucky they didn't use harder drugs those are a big problem here on the Boiling Isles."

"Oh my mom did LSD a couple of times," Luz explains, "came at me with a knife once calling me the Devil.  I slept in the forest that night. It's weird though. Weed isn't unethical in and of itself."