The Human Philosophy Research Club

The loudspeaker echos throughout the halls of school, "a human has been spotted in the Boiling Isles! All students are to be... gently reminded... that a human life is not equal to a witch life and that there's a heavy reward for a human returned to the emperor. Dead... or alive..."

"A human eh?" A student chuckles hidden in the shadows. He opens his locker, full of books by various human philosophers such as Plato and the like. "Hmmm... well, I guess I know what I'm gonna do today."

Eda sits atop the Owl House as the sun rises, holding a photo of her and a girl with green hair standing in front of the Owl House, her thumb over the young girl's face.

"I won't let her die like you did kiddo," Eda mutters to herself before she pockets the photo and watches the sunrise.

Eda takes out a crystal ball as she draws a circle with her index finger and thinks aloud, "now let's see if anything is going on around town."

An image appears on the crystal ball of two guards talking. Eda listens in only to find the conversation to be about doughnuts.

"Boring. Come on," she mutters, "I haven't had a good gig since that heist a week ago."

She runs her finger along the surface of the ball, the image sliding away as a new one takes its place of the normal morning market, mundane and fairly peaceful. One more Eda runs her finger over the surface of the ball, and smirks at what she sees.

"Finally," she chuckles, "some fun."

Eda slides down the roof, landing gracefully on her feet at the front door where Hooty greets her, "oh boy I know that look. Find a job?"

"Lemme in gotta tell the others I'm going out," Eda explains.

Hooty opens the door in response as Eda enters to see King and Luz playing a board game as she explains, "I'm going out on a job. Will you be OK for a few hours?"

"Sure will!" Luz replies.

Eda looks at Luz for a moment, as if she's worried about something. Worried about Luz in some way, not because she doesn't trust Luz, but because she doesn't trust anyone else on the Boiling Isles.

"You're a good kid," Eda smiles, "be back soon."

Eda shuts the door and the two return to the game.

"Hey so when am I gonna learn magic anyways?" Luz inquires, "has Eda mentioned that?"

"Uhhh..." King turns away to avoid unveiling thhe truth and answers with a question, "why not ask her?"

"I was going to but she just left," Luz sighs. "I wish there was a school or something I could go to and-"

"No!" King exclaimed, "that's suicide!"

"What why?" Luz inquires.

King sighs, "it's... I don't even know where to start but it's not like human schools to say the least. Not really."

"Oh..." Luz sighs, "well maybe I'll just go to the library then?"

"Remember to hide your ears," King reminds.

"You got it!" Luz exclaims happily pulling her hood over her head, "cya!"

With that Luz heads towards the library as Eda arrives at her goals, hiding under a crimson cloak. She walks down an alley where a muscular man blocks a metal door.

The man inquires, "password?"

Eda smirks and jams her thumbs into the man's eyes. The man cries out in pain and blindly thrashes about as Eda drop kicks him into the door, breaking it down to reveal a marijuana farm within.