The Tragedy of Emira Blight

Luz and Eda sit, unsure what to say to one another after what happened yesterday.

"Uh oh!" Hooty interject stretching into the living room, "someone's in trouble!"

"Am I?" Luz asks.

Eda sighs, leaning forward from her seat on the couch with a sigh.

"No," she explains, "I should've told you the truth. It's gonna be a lot so, I ordered a pizza. Get yourself a soda this is gonna be a lot."

"Got it," Luz replies cracking open a cola and taking a slice from a box of pizza on the table, "you want any hooty?"

"No cheese goes right to my thighs!" Hooty explains.

"What thighs?" King demands, "you're just neck! Actually, no I do not wanna know."

"Anyways," Eda interjects eager to change topics, "I'm sorry I lied to you, so, I'm going to tell you everything you should know. Starting from back when I had an apprentice before you came alone..."

It was a normal day give not to long ago when the murder took place. Rain poured from the skys as if God himself wept at the horrible scene.

Edric Blight gasped for air under the downpour as Emira watched in horror, her father's hands tightening around her brother's neck.

Mr Blight spoke in that formal tone. That tone of cold pride and hatred, of zealotry and madness. Ever cold and sharp, like whenever her father spoke Emira was being stabbed. "Now son, you know how it is for us Blights When I turned 15, I had to kill my dad, as he did his. We are a family chosen by God to be his harbingers, to spread his light as members of the Emperor's Lightbringers. He is chosen by Christ as are we through him. Only the best may serve God, and you need only fear death if you're sinful. However, the Emperor and thus God wish for only the strongest. This is why I must test you. It is the Emperor's and thus God's will our family remains strong and pure. So we must weed out the weak as to keep our bloodline in God's image."

Edric wept as he clawed at his father's hands, the last images he saw that of an evil and prideful man whom was more sinful than any atheist.

"God... hates... you..." Edric growled.

In a rage Mr. Blight tightened his grip, and with a loud snap, Edric went silent. He fell to the ground, limp. His heartbeat stopped.

He was dead, killed right in front of Emira by his own father.

Emira rushed to her brother's side, crying. She begged him to wake up. Pleaded. Prayed, but there was no answer.

"Now Emira..." Mr. Blight attempted to comfort her, but she jumped back.

Mr. Blight chuckled, "I'm sure you'll fare better. You were always the stronger one after all. Mastering bottle guard at your young age. Best prepare, this time next year is when you must prove you fit God's image."

Mr. Blight left the girl to weep over her brother's corpse.

Emira left that night, taking a bottle containing an abomination, a dagger, a pink stuffed bunny, and a photo of her, Amity, and Edric.

She snuck out the back only to hear a voice, "where are you going sis?"

Emira turned around to see a young Amity looking at her. Emira sighed and assured her, "I'm... going to become stronger."

"Won't papa be mad?" Amity inquired, worried about her sibling.

"He won't matter if I become strong enough," Emira assured the little girl, trying to keep from crying from fear in front of her. "I'll come back to protect you. OK? Until then you need to stay strong."