Chapter 1, Year 4

August 25th, 1994

Hello,

The rest of the school year went abnormally. That poor bird that was supposed to be executed got away, I'm not sure how, but at least it's safe. I can't believe Mr. Malfoy tried to kill it, it was insane.

But not only that Sirius black escaped, only those who were there to see the horrors of the shrieking shack knew what was to come. They found him there and took him to get the Dementors kiss, I think Harry had something to do with it. I'm quite unsure why he would save someone after his life, but he's Potter, always the hero, or at least wanting to be. I find him very arrogant in his prideful ways.

Anyways, Draco's father invited me to the Quidditch cup with him, although I'm excited, Narcissa isn't coming which is a downside. It was a present for my birthday from the Malfoy's. But Draco and I have been "talking" for numerous months now, I just haven't seen much of him this summer. He was always busy going to "important meetings", I have a feeling he was up to no good. But he promised he wasn't, so I told him I believed him. It wasn't like we were dating, at least yet.

We were at the World Cup, taking the staircase to get to the stands. We saw Potter, and I tried to nudge Draco to hold him back, but he let loose on Potter, Granger, Diggory, and the Wealsey's. "Let's put it this way, you'll be the first to know if it rains." said Lucius slyly. Then Draco added on, "Father, Lilith and I are in the Minister's box! By personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself!" Draco said, arrogance in his voice. I held back my laughter, he was very, very attractive when he made remarks like that. Lucius then looked at Draco, and said, "Don't boast Draco. There's no need with these people" he mumbled out the last part, and smacked Draco with his staff. I stepped back wincing as he picked up the staff to hit him. I felt awful, Lucius was too hard on him.

We continued walking, to watch the teams be announced. I wasn't sure which team I was rooting for, but for some reason, every girl here was swooning over Victor. He was not attractive, and his haircut made him look practically bald. We finished listening to the teams being announced and headed back for our tent. I went into my room and sat on the bed, reading a book I had gotten last year on my birthday.

Draco came in, and then said. "Hello, what are you doing?" He looked at me disgusted. "Reading" I replied giggling, "Have you tried it?". He flopped down on the bed, and looked at me. "You look lovely when you're laying down like that." He took a piece of my hair and began twisting it, attempting to braid it. "Did I do it right?" he asked me what seemed like a thousand times." I rolled over on my back and looked up at the ceiling after he had stopped twirling my hair.

Unexpectedly, Draco crawled over to where I was laying and sat looking down at me. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Just this" he said, and before I could ask he came crashing into my lips, and I let myself go, letting myself kiss him back for what seemed like forever. I let go of him then looked up at him meeting his ghost grey eyes. "What am I to you? You avoid me all summer and now you're kissing me?" I began crying letting the tears roll down my cheeks. I didn't think he really cared for me, I thought he was just using me as another game.

Suddenly, our moment of gloom was interrupted, we heard screams of people coming from all directions. Then, thick black smoke filled the air, causing us both to cough. We heard a voice, it sounded like Lucius, yelling for us to get out of here and run. He grabbed my hand and I jumped up, we ran out of the tent. We just stood there for a moment, looking at the pure chaos of people running and the tents burning. I was shocked, and scared. Draco grabbed my hand and apparated.

The air swirled around us, stretching everything in my view out and in spiraling. We hit the ground and I let go of his hand and tumbled falling over. "Here." He said and reached out his hand to help me up. I said thanks, muttering it under my breath. My makeup was all smeared, and my hair was all static and frizzy, standing up. Lucius wasn't back yet, but Narcissa was.

"Hello darling, oh my goodness I'm so glad you two are okay, where is your father?" Narcissa, said worry hinted in her voice. "He hasn't gotten back yet." I said. "You know, I ought to go back, my parents will be awfully worried." I said still not looking at Draco. I didn't want to be here, I wanted to be anywhere but here. "I understand, are you sure dear? I can come with you or Draco can." Said Narcissa, with genuine care in her voice. "I'll be fine, but thank you." And before she could finish saying goodbye, I disapparated back to my house.

My parents were sitting at the table waiting anxiously for my return. I again fell to the floor, to tired to stand from all the apparating, it was very draining. Ajax saw me, and ran over. "She's safe!" He shouted out. "Oh my goodness, are you okay?" said my Dad. I nodded my head, still out of breath. My mom came running into the room, holding a blanket, and wrapped it around my cold body. It felt warm, and for the first time all day I felt safe. "I'm so glad you're okay she said, how about your boyfriend?" 

He was not my boyfriend.

Sincerely,
Lili