Chapter 11, Year 1

December 26th 1991,
To me,

We left our families and headed back to school. We got to our common rooms ready to unpack. Draco groaned, "Only another 100 days right?" He said rolling his eyes. We were all ready to be done the year. The rest of the year flew by, I guess you could say- Happy 1992!

You know, other than Potter and his drama. Apparently one of our professors went mad or something, I don't know, I don't want to know what happened- I was just ready to be done.

We took our exams, the end of the year was nearing, weird thought. I studied loads with Hermoine and Draco, I couldn't afford to not pass. I got excellent marks on all my exams. The studying payed off

We had our last quidditch match of the school year, finally. We beat Hufflepuff, which was expected. We won the quidditch cup, but not the house cup. Apparently Potter showed great work and Gryffindor deserved to win,we were far from thrilled. Although I didn't mind Potter before, he's starting to get on my nerves. Him and Draco fight a lot, Draco slapped him real hard one time. Ouch!

We had a night or so before we left to head home, I was going to spend my last day having some fun. First thing I did was burn all my papers in the common room fireplace. Then I convinced Luna to jump in the lake with me, Hermoine said we were out of our mind. I don't think so- it was fun but a prefect from raven law wasn't so happy.
Then we ran through the halls without our robes on, it's nice to be free from them. They stink!

I got ready for bed, it was our last day. I dozed off reading a muggle book called "Greatest Poetry Authors."

June 1st, 1992

I rolled out of bed tossing on some white sandals and a sundress. It was a cheery yellow and was covered from top to bottom in violet sunflowers. I stepped out of my dormitory. "Morning Draco!" I chirped. He took one look at me and said "My eyes! You know I hate yellow!". Daphne came out of our room. "When will you learn woman don't dress for you, Draco" she said.

We gathered our trunks and headed for the train. I wished Hagrid goodbye, he was my favorite professor. Purple haired Snape looked a little happier than usual, abnormal right? I guess it's because his hair had reverted to it's typical grimy, greasy, jet black state.

I got on the train and sat with Daphne, Theo, Draco, And Blaise. We opened up our window, Theo took out some parchment from his pocket. It was all his old schoolwork, he tossed it out the window. It flew away in the wind like a bird soaring through the sky. The breeze hit my face and it felt amazing, although the cart was hot the summer breeze made it feel nice. The air smelled like flowers, a hint of Chrysanthemum maybe.

Luna came around knocking on our cart door. I had lectured Draco about calling her "Looney Lovegood" it was cruel of him to say that. She handed me a bracelet. I thanked her and peaked at it. "What crystals are these, Luna?" I asked. "Peridot, Sardonyx, and Spinel." She said speaking gently. "They're the three August birthstones, and I believe you were born in August." she said with a kind smile, her eyes glossy and sincere. I slipped it on my wrist, it was cold. The bracelet glimmered in the sunlight. She walked away and I waved her goodbye, her cool blonde hair flowing behind her back.

Draco turned to look at me. "That was odd don't you reckon?" he said. I looked at him and laughed, then said, "Not at all! Luna is one of my dearest friends." Before he could answer the train whistle blew. We were home. I peered around the seat checking for any candy wrappers, I didn't want to leave a mess. I pocketed a chocolate frog wrapped, then danced down the isle of the train. I graced down the steps, slightly lifting up my dress just enough so it wouldn't drag in throughout station.

I heard a familiar voice, loud and quite, what's a good word? Squeaky. I turned around and saw my parents next to a boy, I nearly didn't recognize him. It was Ajax, he had gotten much taller. He has a new haircut his dark brown hair layer messily on his head. He gave me a grin and I ran over to him pulling him closer than ever in a tight hug, trunk still in my hands. I released him from the embrace to greet my parents. I gave them a loving tender hug, "Oh how we've missed you Lilith!". My mother said. She was wearing some extra blush, it made her eyes glimmer under the fluorescent lights, she stood out even in the dark train station.

I politely greeted Mrs. and Mr. Malfoy, and greeted Daphne's mother. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and I giggled. "Can you hug me any tighter?" I said laughing. Her father waved hello, and Astoria looked at me delight in her eyes, she was thrilled to see me. We exchanged two gentle kisses on our cheeks, then gave our parents our trunks.

Daphne put Jax on her back, Astoria jumped on mine. Her limbs felt lighter and more frail than ever. Draco stood between us,"3, 2, 1!" he counted down and placed two fingers in his mouth letting out a whistle indicating we could go. We raced to the exit of the train station, passing the sign reading Kings Cross. I got there just after her. "Yes!" she shouted. Astoria leapt off my back, so did Jax, I was ready to strangle Jax, when our parents caught up with us. "Settle down" laughed my mother. We all held hands and apparated to Malfoy Manor.

Catch me later,
Lili Sage