Chapter 5, Year 2

June 11th, 1993
Hello,

This school year was over and I think we were all glad. It was a train wreck, and I'm glad Daphne and Draco were safe.

Ginny Weasley was indeed the girl in the chamber, and the one who opened it. She opened the chamber, now you may ask yourself why? Her family has never been affiliated with the dark side, but Luna gave me some inside information.

Ginny found a diary, I'm not sure where. But she began writing in it, it was magical, dark magic. But she didn't know that so she continued writing in it. She told the diary everything, she was able to write to someone. The diary would respond, it told her to do things.

The diary had her open the chamber. But it wasn't just a diary, it was a boy. His name is Tom Marvolo Riddle. Ring a bell? Maybe not. But I sat down at my house trying to decode it, I mean I'd never heard of him before he certainly wasn't a student.

I cut out squares trying to re-arrange them into a code word. I got words like middle, violator, immortal but nothing that used all the letters. Finally I stumbled upon a horrible combination of letters, they formed a name. A name that I knew well, this name was embedded into my fathers skin.

Lord Voldemort. That's when it hit me, and I had to owl Ginny. Lord Voldemort wanted to get something from us, possibly Harry, so he led Harry to the chamber and to do so he manipulated Ginny. I was horrified.

I tried to let my mind wander away from that but I couldn't, it was difficult. Draco was away this summer, it sucked. But I had Daphne over all the time- which I guess is alright!

We were really bored, this summer just wasn't the same, so we had a brilliant idea for Daphne's birthday. She was turning 14, I was 13. We waited until our parents went to bed then snuck down to the kitchen. She got some chocolate frogs out and then went out the door. She climbed up the roof, making sure not to make a sound. I looked down and Luna was there, she climbed up to the top.

She showed us her pocket watch, it was 11:59 we counted down the seconds until Daphne's birthday. "3, 2, 1!" We shouted. "Happy birthday Daphne I cheered" I handed her my gift. She opened it, it was a locket. It had a photo of us right this moment, we were smiling and beaming with joy. She thanked me and slipped it into her pocket. Luna got her a booklet, it had photos of mythical creatures and a check box next to each one. "Every time you spot a creature in this book, you check it off!" Daphne loved it.

We ate the chocolate frogs, and piled up our cards to give to Ajax and Astoria. They were collecting them, reminded me of how my cousin collects "baseball cards" I guess it's a muggle thing.

We crawled down and said goodbye to Luna. Her father didn't know she was out, and was hoping it would stay that way. We creeped into the house to see Astoria and Ajax on the couch, they were playing chess.

We figured we'd leave them, but annoyingly, they noticed us and threatened to tell our parents if we didn't empty our pockets, they wanted cards. I dumped a pile of cards on the couch, the wizards piling on top of each other yelling out things like "Hey!" or "Don't throw me!".

We got out some blankets and put them out on the couch. We fell asleep to the chirping of the crickets outside, the moonlight stood shining through our window.

I woke up to a loud purring, and an annoyed cat being held over my face. Loretta, my brothers cat was being held above my head. "Wakeup! Wakeup!" I groaned and rolled off the couch, forgetting I wasn't in bed.

I got up and walked into the kitchen. The smell of pancakes with chocolates in them filled the air, and crispy bacon burned in the oven.

Simon, our house elf ran into the kitchen shrieking, "Move out of the way please!" He had on oven gloves many sizes to big for him and he pulled out a hot tray, "Ow, Ow, Ow!" the bacon was covered in a thick black char, and the air began to fill with soot.

We all began coughing, and he began to bow down on a knee apologizing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Ms!" he cried. He then began hitting himself in the head with a tissue box. I quickly pulled it out of his hand and told him it was okay, having to restrain him from hurting himself. He ran off, without saying a word.

Happy birthday Daphne.

From,
Lilith Sage Amoor