Chapter 2, Year 1

August 24th, 1991

Dear Future Me,

I felt a soft light on my back peering through the window. I knew it was time for me to get up, today was the big day. I slipped out of bed being careful not to step on Daphne- she was right next to my bed. I pulled my silk sheets up to the very top corners of my bed and smoothed my blanket out. I really didn't wanna get up.

I crept across my hardwood floor, trying not to wake my Daphne and Draco. I creaked open my bathroom door. Woah I looked like a mess. I took my hair down from the messy bun I had slept in, and turned on my shower. I slipped off my pajamas and took a shower making sure I got my hair and body clean. I had to look and feel my best for today. I got out of the shower and blow dried my hair, then took two pieces from the front of my hair and tied it into a ribbon bow behind my head. I brushed my teeth clean, then put on some eyeliner and lipgloss. I was ready for the day- except I need to get dressed. I slipped on a emerald green sweater, with a green plaid skirt. I put on my favorite pair of emerald earrings. I slipped on black leather boots and put on my great grandmothers pearl necklace. It was a family heirloom, and it was seen as good luck by mother, so I gave it a try.

Liliths Outfit

Liliths Outfit

I stepped out of the bathroom calling Simon to come get my laundry. "Simon!!! Please come get my laundry." I heard quick light footsteps coming up the stairs. "Yes Miss Amoor, coming right away!" Before I could shush him, he loudly burst into the room waking Draco and Daphne.

"Bloody hell, what was that for Lilith?" Spoke Draco. Simon stood there in the doorway and we sat there silently until he spoke up. "Apologies Mr. Malfoy, I was getting Lilith's laundry." Daphne groaned and got out of bed. Her hair was sticking up in all directions. I laughed at her crazy hair, she glared at me and said "What are you laughing at, your dumb house elf just woke us!!" she sneered. "Sorry it's just your hair it's-"Draco cut me off "Yeah, it's a little crazy looking!" Daphne turned around into the mirror glancing at herself, "You're right, I ought to go get ready."

She walked into the bathroom and we heard the shower running. "She's gonna take a while, you can go use the guest bathroom Draco, I'll be downstairs when you guys are ready." "Okay" he said, crawling out of his sleeping bag.

I waited until he walked out of the room and knocked on the bathroom door. "Daph, need help with your hair?" I chirped. "Yeah you can come in!" She spoke. I opened the door, her hair smoothed down and dry, stick straight. She wore a short black tiered skirt, paired with a green sweater and some black boots, and she wore beautiful pearl earrings. "I have just the thing for this!" I stepped back into my bedroom, rustling through the vanity drawers and pulled out a silk green headband. I placed the headband gently on her head, then pulled two pieces of her straight blonde hair out in front.

"Gorgeous, thanks Lilith!" Daphne remarked. We blew out the candle in the bathroom, and came downstairs. Simon had made us a breakfast, and sat in our kitchen was my parents, Octavia and Alexander. Across from them sat Mrs and Mr.Greengrass, and the Malfoy's. Draco drummed his fingers on the kitchen counter.

"For Merlins sake, what took you so long". Narcissa spoke up, "Now Draco, don't be impolite. Look at how lovely these young ladies look" she said with a smile. Daphne and I thanked her and had a seat. We ate, All chattering about our summers and the school year ahead of us, all agreeing we should be in Slytherin.

Lucius expected Draco to be put in Slytherin, and would be disappointed if he was placed anywhere else. Same went for Daphne's parents, however, mine were different. We kept quiet to fit in with the other Pureblood's, but in all honesty, my parents wouldn't care what house I was placed in, they said they think I am a Ravenclaw. I took that as a compliment.

The other families are very discriminatory towards Non-Pureblood's. It's a shame, they aren't many Pureblood's left, and eventually this whole Pureblood status thing will be history.

Best Regards,
Lilith Amoor