Chapter 3, Year 2

February 14th, 1993
Hi there,

The rest of the year was a bit odd. We had to sleep in the great hall, and I slept next to Draco and Daphne. Daphne was completely horrified of what was yet to come, so I had to keep reassuring her it was going to be fine.

We woke up the next day and went to classes, but it was still weird. All after school activities were cancelled/postponed for a while, so Draco was aggravated. We were told to try and leave the dorms as little as possible, and our curfew was made even shorter. They recommended we stayed together in groups, and only left our common rooms for meals and classes.

Although that's was going on, it was Valentines so as I'm writing this I'm eating a whole load of sweets. Daphne and I exchanged lollipops, I got some chocolates from Luna, some gummy worms from Ron, and I gave Ginny some Fun-Dip. She thanked me, she said her father had told her about Fun-Dip and that muggles enjoyed it very much.

It wasn't quite the end of the year but I was looking forward to the year ending. This year has been very very hectic. More and more students are getting petrified, including this poor little kid with a camera, I think his name is Collin? The hospital wing is practically full, I'm hoping none of my friends get petrified.

Theo and Blaise are trying to make light of the situation and keep joking about how it's just a silly Chamber and it probably isn't real, I am unsure of that.

For a student to pull this off, considering that most people wouldn't be able to do this, it would be impressive-they aren't wrong about that.

I however had lots of studying to do. I had potions exams and was currently failing potions. Daphne turned to me and offered to help me study, I insisted I was fine.

Boy was I wrong, it's 5:34 am. I'm laying wide awake in a t-shirt, shorts, and a messy bun. Daphne is waking up and minute now, and my eyes are bloodshot red. I look like I'm on some sort of drug.

I got up and hopped in the shower, trying to look like I got some rest. I got out of the shower my hair was in a messy clump, I got out a comb and started working on brushing it, finally I got a comb through.

I didn't have much time before breakfast, so I left my hair to dry into some lose waves. I got some concealer and slathered it on under my eyes, it didn't match my skin very well, so Daphne was gonna notice. I hope she isn't too worried about me. I put on some blush to make my skin look more alive, gently placing it over my freckles.

I then pulled on a black skirt and some black shoe, to go with my Slytherin robe, I looked presentable to say the least. I stepped out of the bathroom Daphne had gotten ready. Her blonde hair was in luscious curls, and she had on a black headband.

"Ready to leave Lilith" she said. I went to leave then quickly ran back upstairs yelling "One second!!". I stepped into the bathroom to slip on my friendship bracelet, Luna's bracelet and my lucky emerald earrings. I blew out the candle on my bedside table and stumbled down the staircase into the common room.

I walked with Daphne to breakfast, we didn't say much we both weren't very awake. I got to the buffet, and grabbed some waffles and whipped cream, topping it with some cinnamon. I hated syrup, and didn't want any. Daphne grabbed us to mugs of hot chocolate, we both agreed coffee sucks.

"So," Daphne started, "Why do you look dead?" she said laughing. "I was up late, studying for potions..." I said with a poker face. She looked me dead in the eye and said "Seriously! I could've helped you. Lilith Sage, you amaze me sometimes.". "I know, Daphne Lenora" I teased. "Well did you at least get any where Lili?" She said. I wasn't sure if the truth was best in this situation, so I lied and said "Yeah I think I'm gonna get excellent marks on this."

She picked up a fork full of my waffles and shoved it into my face, whip cream was on my nose. "You need to eat love. Your mother would be disappointed if I wasn't looking out for you." I rolled my eyes at her, her plate was empty. I got an idea, putting some whip cream on her plate I shoved it into her face getting it on her nose too.

Theo and Blaise sat down, "What the heck is going on here?" They said. We weren't listening we darted down the hall chasing after each other whipped cream on our noses, racing to the bathroom to get it off.

I'm so glad Daphne is my best friend.

Xoxo,
Lilith Sage